KCBS Butt Injection

Meat Burner

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I love the search feature on the forum but was looking for some advise for a KCBS injection for pork butt. This category has not been so good to us in comps and would like some advise from my brethren on what the thought was about a butt injection. We are missing the flavor somewhere. Thanks for any thoughts.

Lots of competitors use one of the commercial injections, Butchers BBQ, FAB or Kosmo's. Also, the Chris Lilly injection recipe (here on the forum in several places) has done well for Chris.

Use either Butchers or FAB but mix it 1/2 strength (twice as much water).

And you can still use Butcher's because SOW Pork Marinade does NOT have any Phosphates.:thumb:

Surprising number of heavy hitters here that inject a butt. Doesn't seem that any moisture is needed, but I can see the flavor component.

Not to de-rail this thread, but is there a protocol for injecting? 0ne injection every few inches, sort of thing?

I see Smoke On Wheels has a Pork Injection as well as a Marinade. Comments above said inject the marinade...

I see Apple and Pineapple juices come up often. That's the basis of the SOW Injection

Ted - We have 2 different marinades:
Pork Injection & Marinade - so you can inject or just marinade cuts of pork (or whatever else you would like)

BBQ Marinade - is our Chicken Marinade, but is also great on other meats and veggies.

We are afraid of galvanize!! then shoot our meat full of this
FAB contains the following: Hydrolyzed soy protein, vegetable oil (soybean and or corn, cottonseed), sodium phosphates, mono sodium glutamate, autolyzed yeast extract, disodium inosinate and guanylate, xanthan gum. Yum!!

We are afraid of galvanize!! then shoot our meat full of this
FAB contains the following: Hydrolyzed soy protein, vegetable oil (soybean and or corn, cottonseed), sodium phosphates, mono sodium glutamate, autolyzed yeast extract, disodium inosinate and guanylate, xanthan gum. Yum!!

YUP.

Good eats result from it.

TIM

you people are gonna make me want to inject one just to see the difference

Back