• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.
Very nice consecrow!

Just got mine to point of being ready to season the inside too. After we get back from taking the kids out trick-or-treating, I think I am going to fire it up and season it.

Look forward to more of your videos!

Make some pig candy for the trick or treaters. Drippings will only add to the seasoning.

Picked up a cheap grill kit at Menards (I think it was $7.99) and looks like it will do good for an ash tray. This is my first smoker too. Things have slowed down after the trip to the Dr. yesterday after the "grinder incident". :icon_blush:

I used one of these too and picked up a spare to ship to a buddy in MD.

Picked up a cheap grill kit at Menards (I think it was $7.99) and looks like it will do good for an ash tray. This is my first smoker too. Things have slowed down after the trip to the Dr. yesterday after the "grinder incident". :icon_blush:

I used one of these too and picked up a spare to ship to a buddy in MD.

Me too. I bought 4 of them, they rang up at $4.99 each and there was a $4.00 rebate on each one. Not bad for $0.99 each and they come with a small bag of charcoal.

Me too. I bought 4 of them, they rang up at $4.99 each and there was a $4.00 rebate on each one. Not bad for $0.99 each and they come with a small bag of charcoal.

is this only at menards?
too bad - i don't think we have one of those in Houston

I did get the rebate, and just checked the receipt. You are right...it was only 99 cents

UDS drum types

I have a chance to get a drum for free from a motorcycle shop. These drums have had oil in them and others have brake cleaner in them. If thoroughly burned out are these ok to use or do I need to try and find a new or food grade drum. I'm looking forward to making a UDS this winter and any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

well, I have done it, I have read all 7114 post in this thread. It only took 40+ gallons of #2 Diesel and 20 gallons of Jet-A fuel. Now I can continue my build and I don't have any questions and highly doubt I will since this thread covers everything at least 3 times.

well, I have done it, I have read all 7114 post in this thread. It only took 40+ gallons of #2 Diesel and 20 gallons of Jet-A fuel. Now I can continue my build and I don't have any questions and highly doubt I will since this thread covers everything at least 3 times.

Yeah, but as you will find, question arise on the way. Half the fun of building it it figuring stuff out. I don't know what the other half is, but WOW, it makes some great fatty's.

I have a chance to get a drum for free from a motorcycle shop. These drums have had oil in them and others have brake cleaner in them. If thoroughly burned out are these ok to use or do I need to try and find a new or food grade drum. I'm looking forward to making a UDS this winter and any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_0193.jpg

Burn it out good............

The oil drums will be ok, don't know about brake cleaner. I would wash out the drum real good with hot water and soap, to get as much oil out as you can. Then cut the top and drill your intake holes. then do a good burn out to get anything left behind.

The oil drums will be ok, don't know about brake cleaner. I would wash out the drum real good with hot water and soap, to get as much oil out as you can. Then cut the top and drill your intake holes. then do a good burn out to get anything left behind.

Brake cleaner is pretty volatile stuff... I'd be surprised if it left anything behind whatsoever. If it did, it wouldn't be good brake cleaner. ;-) The drum could have a lining though!

Can't imagine burning brake cleaner is any worse than burning epoxy liner. One might be harder on my eyebrows than the other but once the fire goes out you have bare metal either way.

Back