New Q in Oklahoma

Arlin_MacRae

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Eight bikes and ten riders went on a route-proofing ride for an upcoming poker run and we ended up in Bristow, over south of Tulsa. It was a nice little town to look at, and the Stop-N-Rob owner told us the local Q joint was good. We checked it out and were not disappointed!

Russ' Ribs was a large country place down by the tracks, with clean plastic table cloths, happy customers, and writing on the walls. LOTS of it. People from Tulsa to Finland had written on 'em. Quite cool. It's right on Route 66 so it sees a lot of action.

Russ%20Trip%20Guide%20&%20Menu.jpg

Something that immediately caught my eye was the fact that tri-tip was on the menu! NOBODY does tri-tip around here, I swear.

I tried the three meat sampler, getting the tri-tip, pork ribs, and chopped pork. Okra and iced tea was mandatory, of course. ;)

The food was GREAT. The tri-tip had definitely been brined, possible after being cut, as it had an almost German sauerbrauten-like twang to it, and it was tender and full of flavor. The chopped pork needed no sauce and was moist and flavorful, too. I tend to like the consistency of pulled pork better than chopped, but I couldn't fault them for their version. The ribs...oh mama. Long, meaty, dry rubbed, and perfectly done. A good tug and it came clean off the bone. I might have put a little more rub on it than they did, but they need to cater to more customers than I do. ;)

All in all it was farktastic Q. And I couldn't resist...
Russ%20Wall%20Sig.jpg

Very nice Arlin, I love it when I run across a good Q joint. It is rare and far between but it can happen!

A most excellent day! Finding good Que is a hard thing to do!

Back