POLL CLOSED! RESULTS SHORTLY! *** Vote in The Most Epic Throwdown in History!! Noobs vs Vets, Season 2!

It's tough going during the work week.......I got a feeling that this weekend will bring some Noob DOMINANANCE!

Pay attention and you may learn something!

It's tough going during the work week.......I got a feeling that this weekend will bring some Noob DOMINANANCE!

Pay attention and you may learn something!

Bring it on! You have all summer to submit as many entries as you like! :thumb:

The party is just getting started folks. Break out your recipe books and cook logs and pit yourself against the likes of these guys who have already entered a fine bunch of Q in the thread. I have never been bitten by any of the competition, yet! Come on in....the water's just right!

The Noobians tossed up a round of fodder yesterday, Aye thinks we veterans will scuttle their ship this weekend. Stay tuned and get on board!

Man your Mise en place Mates is seems that Deadeyedustin of the doomed Noobian ship has launched another scud. This on looks like it has some merit. Venison backstrap and a vension snag to boot! Aye think they're gettin serious now!

Ensign HT OVER! But not out! :icon_pissed

First weekend of it being 110 out :wacko:

But I will try to get us noobs some more fire power, I got a few ideas in my head that just might bring you old vets down :boxing:

First weekend of it being 110 out :wacko:

But I will try to get us noobs some more fire power, I got a few ideas in my head that just might bring you old vets down :boxing:
Yore attempts arrrrrrgh always welcomed, keep your aye on the prize!

Cirk has launched another round for the Noobians, These guys arrrrrrrgh keepin me busy. Aye the Noobians arrrrrrgh too many!

Editorial Correction, Please Note! Please replace the caption " Noobian" with "Most Worthy Veteran" as it relates to CIRK. Aye am a jerk!

Come and show off your skills. Enter the Throwdown of the Century. The price will only stay this low until someone dreams up a cash prize. :roll:

This is my submission as a Noob.

Did these short ribs on gasser (still my only way to grill for me unfortunately), 250-275 for 5 hours. Smoker box help hickory chunks. Fat didn't melt out as much as I'd like. Next time I'll go 225 for longer.
Rubbed with salt, garlic powder, GrillMates BBQ rub, and heavy pepper.
Added Rays to 2 ribs at the end. 2 left dry at my wife's request.
IMG_3571_zpsc13252e3.jpg

Full Pron is http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163248

Back