Hoof and Foot Contest

MrSmoker

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Reaction score
Local contest at the Saddle Sore Ranch tommorow,Ribs,Chicken & anything but.Looks like ddog27 and G$ are going to be there,will try to get a Brethren pic.

MrSmoker said:
Local contest at the Saddle Sore Ranch tommorow,Ribs,Chicken & anything but.Looks like ddog27 and G$ are going to be there,will try to get a Brethren pic.

Yup. Save my team a spot. We won't be there till tommorrow morning though. Should be fun.

Sometimes I forget that just because it's winter up here that there are still competitions going on down south and out west.

Good luck and HAVE FUN.

yup Smoker feel a bit slighted as well sometimes with the cold up here... Hope Rob's thing turns into a go kinda thing

Thanks for reminding me Mr. Kick! I don't know what the hell I was thinking.

Best of luck to all the Brethren Teams. Do us proud!

G$ and "Rookie Mistakes" Team take 2nd in Ribs.(G$ on my right an the other members of his team are his brothers in law.I'll let G$ fill in all the details.Congrats on your first contest.

Last edited:
Mr. Smoker, Great looking gear and pics!! G$ Congrats Bro!! Outstanding Job!!

Way to go guys! Mr. S., how'd you finish in the rankings?
G$, how bad did the competition bug bite ya? Hope you had a blast!
Again, nice showing guys!

Last edited:
Solidkick said:
Way to go guys! Mr. S., how'd you finish in the rankings?
G$, how bad did the competition bug bite ya? Hope you had a blast!
Again, nice showing guys!
I don't have all the scores yet,but i wasn't in the top three.:frown:

MrSmoker flew the Bretheren flag proud (as you can see), and is a great guy.

I too am interested in all the scores. We thought our chicken was pretty good (yes, we were surpirised that it tasted ok...), so I'll be interested to see detailed rankings, to see how far off our perceptions were. (Our 'anything butt' entry was a disaster, but that is another topic alltogether.)

In short, we did pretty much everything wrong ... and had a great time in the process. We trimmed and cooked one (yes ONE - remember I am an idiot) rack of spares, and several racks of baby backs. I just felt the one spare rack was the only decent one to choose from at 10 PM the night before at the grocery store aftetr a few beers....

Anyway, after smoking, we cut the end rib off, added some final glaze, and sampled it and we all said "hey, this little end rib is pretty good!". So, we cut the middle 6 ribs off the rack, and threw them on top of some lettuce for turn in. (I took a picture, but with a disposable camera...who knows if that picture will turn out.)

When we were gathered for awards announcements, they called the team name I had chosen, "Rookie Mistakes" for 2nd place. My brother in law started looking around to see who was going to step up. He then realized that was us and we better go get the ribbon. We are so bad we can not even accept an award properly.

In any case, we all agreed that a small relaxed contest such as this was the perfect way to get your feet wet at competing. I'd say we are hooked, but we have some wife convincing to do....

Looking forward to a four meat competition next .....

Back