Anybody ever considered a lift kit for their Performer?

Igotgas

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I have been thinking that I would like to give my SS performer a lift. At 6'3" the table and kettle is awful low. I built a welding bench for myself and made it 42" tall and I love it. I obviously wouldn't make my performer 42" but it is only 29.5" tall now. I was thinking maybe a 4" or 5" lift. Anybody ever do this? I figure that I won't be able to use the stock Weber casters but I should be able to use the axle and stationary wheels without a problem. Feel free to chime in with words of wisdom and pics. And................GO!

Can't say I've ever done a mod like that but wouldn't blame anyone who did. Webers overall are kind of low, which I presume is a stability thing on the tubular legs?

If / when I get a new 22.5" I think I'll get a sexy blue OTG kettle and build a kamado-style table for it at a comfortable height for prep and cooking.

Are you thinking to mod the cart itself or just build a platform the whole unit could sit on to lift it 5 or 6 inches?

Can't say I've ever done a mod like that but wouldn't blame anyone who did. Webers overall are kind of low, which I presume is a stability thing on the tubular legs?

If / when I get a new 22.5" I think I'll get a sexy blue OTG kettle and build a kamado-style table for it at a comfortable height for prep and cooking.

Are you thinking to mod the cart itself or just build a platform the whole unit could sit on to lift it 5 or 6 inches?

My plan is to mod the framework so that it still moves around the same just taller.

What about cutting the legs, inserting them into some square stock, and bolting or welding them together? You could do it at any place on the legs, and you could still use the castors.

I put "big" pneumatic wheels (7") on my NBBD. It raised it slightly, but made it really easy to move it, compared to the stock wheels.

Matt

For competition we cut short sections of pvc pipe and slip over the bottom of the legs of the folding tables which sit low, to raise them to a more comfortable height. You would need to fix the wheels to the pvc sections it you need it to roll.
Dave

Last edited:
Well, there are a couple simple solutions. If you just want to lift the grill itself, you can unbolt it from the cart and insert a "block" type lift. If you want to lift the whole thing they depending on the version (Stainless or plastic top) different modifications will be necessary. Then again, you could just build a whole new cart for the grill as a fun winter project :thumb:

IMAG0592.jpg

IMAG0594.jpg

IMAG0580.jpg

whatever you do, dont forget to post pics. i'm only 6 foot and i'm constantly wishing surfaces were higher.

What about cutting the legs, inserting them into some square stock, and bolting or welding them together? You could do it at any place on the legs, and you could still use the castors.

I put "big" pneumatic wheels (7") on my NBBD. It raised it slightly, but made it really easy to move it, compared to the stock wheels.

Matt

I thought about that but I decided that I didn't want to cut up the original framework. I do like the idea of the pneumatic tires though. I have a rough driveway that doesn't make a good rolling surface for the little Performer casters.

Well, there are a couple simple solutions. If you just want to lift the grill itself, you can unbolt it from the cart and insert a "block" type lift. If you want to lift the whole thing they depending on the version (Stainless or plastic top) different modifications will be necessary. Then again, you could just build a whole new cart for the grill as a fun winter project :thumb:

That is a great looking table colonel. :clap: I think I want the whole thing lifted not just the grill. Since it is a Stainless table I want to have the work surface up higher so I can use it too.

whatever you do, dont forget to post pics. i'm only 6 foot and i'm constantly wishing surfaces were higher.

No worries there Chris. I will definitely post pics. I have been thinking about this and I don't see it being very difficult.

Back