MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:36 AM   #1
Tricky
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Steel Performer cart for UDS?

Has anyone ever seen a Performer cart turned into a cart for a UDS? Seems like it might work since the cart is desiged to fit around a 22.5" Weber Performer. If anyone has a pic of such a setup, I'd love to see it.

Someone in my neck of the woods is selling their Performer (with a steel cart) for $125, but that seems to rich for me given that I just want the lid and the cart for my drum.
Rec Tec with bull horns -- UDS (Big Blue) -- 2 Weber kettles -- Weber gasser -- DCS outdoor stainless built-in nat. gasser with smoker box and rotisserie -- Dutch ovens a-plenty -- bright yellow can't-lose-me Thermapen
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2011, 05:59 AM   #2
Oldyote
is One Chatty Farker

Here is a thread from awhile back.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...=performer+uds
[COLOR=navy][B][FONT=Book Antiqua]2 Large Big [COLOR=darkgreen]Green[/COLOR] Eggs, 1 restored Weber Performer in [COLOR=darkgreen]Green,[/COLOR] 1 S-330, 1 S-420 and [COLOR=indigo]1 AZ BBQ Outfitters Custom Tombstone Style Santa Maria Grill and Smoker. [/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#1f497d][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=teal]Proud Member of the [/COLOR][URL="http://bit.ly/qIcK24"][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=teal]Zero's Club[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR]

[U][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][COLOR=navy][B]CLICK HERE to visit the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns[/B][/COLOR][/URL] :croc:[/U]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]"earthbound but aspiring.... A lumbering soul but trying to fly...(with)...not enough wingspread but plenty of intention."[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Oldyote is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2011, 06:29 AM   #3
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

I built a cart for my two 18" WSM's from a Performer cart, and have two Large Big Green Eggs mounted in a Metro shelve cart. I don't see any reason you couldn't do it.
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2011, 06:57 AM   #4
posey's_pork_pit
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
Has anyone ever seen a Performer cart turned into a cart for a UDS? Seems like it might work since the cart is desiged to fit around a 22.5" Weber Performer. If anyone has a pic of such a setup, I'd love to see it.
Here you go brethren ~ scroll down to #14, Norcoredneck/Thrillbilly BBQ.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=71283
Smokey Joe Silver w/wooden handle a.k.a. Mini Me, Weber Smokey Joe Platinum date code ER

Sipsey: Secret's in the sauce.
posey's_pork_pit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-09-2011, 09:22 AM   #5
Tricky
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldyote View Post
Ha! Ironically I started that thread when I saw a Performer on Craigslist. I had the same thought when I saw another one on Craigslist last night. I'd forgotten that I had already asked the Brethren!
Rec Tec with bull horns -- UDS (Big Blue) -- 2 Weber kettles -- Weber gasser -- DCS outdoor stainless built-in nat. gasser with smoker box and rotisserie -- Dutch ovens a-plenty -- bright yellow can't-lose-me Thermapen

Old 11-09-2011, 09:28 AM   #6
Tricky
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by posey's_pork_pit View Post
Here you go brethren ~ scroll down to #14, Norcoredneck/Thrillbilly BBQ.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=71283
And this pic gives me further ideas using the ashcatcher on my UDS. Thanks!

Old 11-09-2011, 09:48 AM   #7
sbramm
is one Smokin' Farker

for what it's worth, when i put my drum on my platinum cart, the side rails had to be flexed out just a bit. given that i had broken my side table and needed to make a new one, this was not a big issue. this may be peculiar to the platinum cart but something you may want to take into account.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:13 PM   #8
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

Its gonna be a tight fit with a drum on the old style Performer cart. Now that I think about it the kettle is mounted on the frame with brackets a couple inches below the lip narrowing the diameter, I'd pass on it unless you had a 30 gallon drum.

I used Metro shelves for my Large BGE's and they don't roll very far!

KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote