Brisket UN-appreciation thread

Natural Born Texican here, I love brisket! But I'm willing and open minded toward the Tri tip. I hate to admit i've never had it. I hope one of you farkers will cook me one someday. I keep looking at the markets here and have yet to come across one. While I do love brisket I too prefer the pig, I'll take pork butt or ribs any day. And when it comes to beef give me a medium ribeye!

But, you already know there is no place to go, nowhere to run too. Now eat your crappy little tri-tip and go sit in the corner with Groundhog.

Oh I know where I'm moving to. I'm moving next door to Bigabyte so I can finally get my California BBQ Throwdown certificate. STILL WAITING.

Natural Born Texican here, I love brisket! But I'm willing and open minded toward the Tri tip. I hate to admit i've never had it. I hope one of you farkers will cook me one someday. I keep looking at the markets here and have yet to come across one. While I do love brisket I too prefer the pig, I'll take pork butt or ribs any day. And when it comes to beef give me a medium ribeye!

You'll have to come out here to get one, we started a petition to "Keep tri-tip out of Texas" just this morning.

On the Build a UDS comment,

I'm thinking it was an ironical reference to the whole thread. It's hard to tell in cyberspace though.

Oh I know where I'm moving to. I'm moving next door to Bigabyte so I can finally get my California BBQ Throwdown certificate. STILL WAITING.

I would tell you to ask bigabyte's neighbors what it's like to live by him, and what it's like when he "has you over for dinner", but for some reason they can't be found. :shocked:

Briskets cost me $1.99 a pound, tri-tip when I can find it is $5.99. Anyone want to compare sirloin to ribeyes in another thread? :crazy:

On the Build a UDS comment,

I'm thinking it was an ironical reference to the whole thread. It's hard to tell in cyberspace though.

"Build a UDS" is an ongoing joke here. Since the answer to every question asked in the Brethren is "build a UDS" there is always a chance that it will pop up sooner or later (Anthony Wiener Mod).

Example:

Q: "Hi everybody, I have $1000 to spend on a grill. I already have a smoker, but I'm looking to buy a nice grill for making steaks and chicken, any advise?"
A: Build a UDS and spend the other $990 on brisket. I know you said you already have a smoker but another UDS will be good."

Q: "What is better, a Klose offset or a Spicewine for comps"
A: "Build a UDS"

Q: "Why does brisket suck?"
A: "Build a UDS"

it is the end all be all of cookers ya know.

Now to stay on topic, even a brisket cooked in a UDS is barely worth eating.

Wait! What? I'm late to this party. Are some of you saying you don't like brisket?

Well, I guess that's more for me :)

One of the great things about our country is that we have so many foods from which to choose, everyone can find something they like...and no one is forced to eat things they don't (well usually not, anyway).

Heck, I never thought I'd love smoked Spam, until you guys turned me on to it.

I just never thought people didn't like brisket. See, I learned something today after all. :)

Briskets cost me $1.99 a pound, tri-tip when I can find it is $5.99. Anyone want to compare sirloin to ribeyes in another thread? :crazy:

This is not a brisket vs tri-tip thread, you obviously aren't paying attention Mr Crunch :wink:

Wait! What? I'm late to this party. Are some of you saying you don't like brisket?

Well, I guess that's more for me :)

Welcome to the party, and you can certainly have my share :thumb:

Now to stay on topic, even a brisket cooked in a UDS is barely worth eating.[/QUOTE]

May not have been cooked on a UDS... But this was worth eating :wink:.

Brisket3.jpg

Brisket4.jpg

Back