Country Style Ribs

jestridge

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I have never tried csr on the smoker . I need some ideals and pron. Like they say a pic is worth a thousand words.

In the pic below, the CSR's are on the right. I cook them 3-2-1 just like spares - you would not believe how tender and tasty they are! I have family members who want me to cook them over BB's or Spares!

There is a catering guy in my area that
calls em "Boneless Ribs"

There is a catering guy in my area that
calls em "Boneless Ribs"

The ones I get at Sams Club have bones in them.

I live by the theory....closer to the bone, the sweeter the meat.
Doesnt matter, I love them things, and have cooked a chitload of them.

Wifeys favorite eats of Q.

you guys have made me want to try these again. The 3-2-1 method sounds promising. I haven't ever really considered them when cooking q. before, could be because as a kid when my mom cooked "ribs" she boiled these, then sauced them and finished on the grill.:cry: Maybe they are worth considering.

They are great eating.:-D Here's some we did a while back.:-D

000_0399.jpg

How would they be if one just apply a light sauce on them the last 30 min like we do spares

How would they be if one just apply a light sauce on them the last 30 min like we do spares

This is the first style of rib I ever cooked on a smoker! Turns out great and is very forgiving of temp fluctuation.:eusa_clap

I do them just like ribs...3-2-1 at 250 or so, i don't remember what the internal temp was. 180-190??

I do country ribs on the kettle indirect with smoke. I rub them down with rib rub overnight. Get the coals on both sides of the kettle and get the temps around 350* Check internal temps at an hour fifteen. Sauce up at the last ten minutes and pull at 165*. No need to use smoker if you do low and slow on a kettle with smoke (maple)

I've found that just about any way you cook these things they come out great. I like them for testing out new rubs by putting a different rub on each one.

I've found that just about any way you cook these things they come out great. I like them for testing out new rubs by putting a different rub on each one.

Thats a great idea for testing rubs. I'll put that in my tool box for Queing.

A very brilliant ideal if it a lousy rub have very little to lose. Thanks

Dumb question, perhaps.

3-2-1: 3 hrs on the smoker at 250°, 2 hrs foiled on the smoker at 250°, then what?

Is the one hour coolered? If so, when do I put them back on to glaze in the sauce?

Back