MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 12-18-2011, 10:06 PM   #181
silverfinger
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
I do have pics of four cute kids putting together a ginger bread house. I thought that would be a bit over the top.

Oh, did I mention that Scottish ale was homemade and runs about 10% abv?
Great pizza Gore!
Did you make the beer as well?

Smoking up the "Fattened Fat Of The Cow".
Got a stick-burner! :mrgreen:
UDS In Progress: Thank's Q-Junky! :thumb:
Blackstone griddle.
50 year Old Imperial Kamado with ears.
Fire pit. Weber Kettle.
silverfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->

Old 12-18-2011, 10:25 PM   #182
nucornhusker
Babbling Farker

Gore?! You missed the chance to make your pizza stuffed crust!
Old 12-18-2011, 10:31 PM   #183
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
Oh, did I mention that Scottish ale was homemade and runs about 10% abv?
You didn't send me any, so it didn't happen.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:32 PM   #184
Al Czervik

Name/Nickname : Scott/Mongo
Default Mexican Lasagna with a side of Cheesy Garlic Lembas Bread

I figured I'd try to kill two Throwdowns with one stone with this entry (or score two zeros with one entry).

I don't have a cool back story like Oldyote, I'm not Mexican or Italian, and I don't think Legolas would approve of my Elvish bread. With that in mind, off I go.

Now I know certain cheesies on the site won't approve, but I started off with this combo of cheeses.

Used this combo of spices for the Mexican flavored chicken breasts.

Spiced up and ready to go.

Mrs. Czervik was kind enough to let me use her new Performer on it's maiden voyage. Breasts indirect and some Poblanos over direct to blister. I threw on a couple chunks of oak to get some smoke going too.

Thumbing my nose at the burning ban...

Starting to scortch.

Put a little sear on breasts.

All blistered up.

All done.

Pulled the chicken.

Combo of the skinned/seeded peppers and a creamy Mexican sauce jazzed up with the original spices.

Ricotta, egg, garlic, basil, parsley, oregano and fennel.

Down goes a layer of the sauce.

The lasagna noodles.

Ricotta mixture.

Shredded chicken.

Mexican and Italian cheese blends. Then topped (not shown) with a layer of the sauce.

Three layers of the same combo, more spices on top and ready to go.

On to the Traeger at 350 for an hour.

Smokey goodness.

Out to rest for about 20 minutes to set up.

Come to find out Lembas bread and Ciabatta bread are almost identical, at least in Northeast Washington.

I missed the shot of Mrs. Czervik mixing up the garlic cheese spread for the Lembas/Ciabatta bread but take my word for it that she did. Here we have the finished meal. The mysterious green objects on top of the lasagna are Poblanos made with Mrs. Czervik's chili pepper cookie cut outs. Halfway through the cook I realized all the components were about the same color and that this was my only hope for any contrast. In any case, it all tasted very good for an experiment and it will go on the rotation. It's just too bad we didn't have a Farkin Gooey Mess TD going on too or I could have gone for the trifecta.

Sorry for any typos or grammatical errors but I've proofed it a couple times and I'm too tired to do it again. Thanks for looking...
(='.'=) Avatar by Chalupa
(")_(")
Al Czervik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:36 PM   #185
SirPorkaLot

Name/Nickname : John

Wow. Just.........wow. Got my vote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:38 AM   #186
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

Garlic! So that is the *magic* ingredient!
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:22 AM   #187
Al Czervik

Name/Nickname : Scott/Mongo

Great combo Gore. I'm sure it tasted as good as it looked! Thanks for the laughs as always on your post, but I do have one question... Is Ninja Squirrel old enough to drink?
(='.'=) Avatar by Chalupa
(")_(")
Al Czervik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Foil Girl fumunda cheese, gore cut the cheese, Jumped the Stinking Bishop, Oldyote loves the Baby Cheeses, Please don't use focus