• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Evan Williams Drunken Chicken Marinade

El Ropo

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
This may be similar to many other bourbon based marinades, but I'm a bourbon lover who just purchased a 1.75L of EW black label. This recipe was tied onto the bottle:

2 lbs chicken wings, I suppose you could sub legs, thighs, quarters, breasts, whatever.

1/2 cup prepared dijon or brown mustard.

6 T Evan Williams (of course!)

1/4 cup soy sauce

2 t Woosty

1/3 cup minced onions

In a large bowl combine all ingredients and stir well. Add chicken and cover, then store in fridge for 4 to 24 hours. Grill over hot charcoal (350+) turning halfway through.

I haven't tried it yet, but plan on it soon.

I knew I shouldn't have finished that bottle over the weekend!

Cant go wrong with evan williams, its a good sippin whiskey and half the price of jack and jim

Cant go wrong with evan williams, its a good sippin whiskey and half the price of jack and jim

You got that right! Evan Williams is way underrated by a lot of Bourbon drinkers but for the price it is one of my regular whiskeys.

I'm going to add the recipe to my "Gotta try soon" list.

Love bourbon....love wings...WINNER WINNER Chicken dinner!!...Thanks

Usually keep at least one bottole of black label and one EW SB 2000-20001 in the house. Might have to give it a try.

I wish I could hang with y'all on EW. It is what by far the richest guy in town drinks but I am a Jim Beam man.

I think I am going to make this but instead of EW I will be using some Knob Creek since I bought a huge bottle of it about 10 years ago with some crazy display thing that holds the bottle and spins over for the pour.

This sounds marvelous!:hungry:

I think I am going to make this but instead of EW I will be using some Knob Creek since I bought a huge bottle of it about 10 years ago with some crazy display thing that holds the bottle and spins over for the pour.

This sounds marvelous!:hungry:

Knob creek used to be my go to bourbon, but the price has almost doubled in the last 5 years, so I roll with EW now. :faint:

Im with ya on that El Ropo. Matter of fact im gonna make that my drink of choice this weekend...

Back