MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-05-2018, 10:38 AM   #16
Baby Back Maniac
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinstaggs View Post
Great video. My biggest problem with the H&F technique you showed is the PITA FACTOR. Y’all handled the brisket every 15 min for a couple of hours. I can put a packer on my WSM and cook it for 12+ hours (hit the golf course, sleep, etc) and work less. That kinda bugs me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah, I understand that. Like PjTexas1 said, this is a competition method. I like the laid back approach too.

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_xxVThreVc"] Brisket Throwdown: Weber Summit Charcoal Grill vs 2017 Kamado Joe Big Joe. [/URL]
Baby Back Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 08-05-2018, 08:45 PM   #17
kevinstaggs
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Kevin
Default 400 degree brisket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Back Maniac View Post
Yeah, I understand that. Like PjTexas1 said, this is a competition method. I like the laid back approach too.

Justin,
I watch everything that you, T-Roy and James do. You’re all great. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by kevinstaggs; 08-05-2018 at 09:06 PM..
kevinstaggs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2018, 04:19 PM   #18
Baby Back Maniac
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Justin,
I watch everything that you, T-Roy and James do. You’re all great. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, Kevin. That's really nice of you to say. Appreciate it.

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_xxVThreVc"] Brisket Throwdown: Weber Summit Charcoal Grill vs 2017 Kamado Joe Big Joe. [/URL]

Old 08-06-2018, 05:55 PM   #19
16Adams
somebody shut me the fark up.

Thank You. I really enjoyed the video. What a grand day on the patio.

I learned a “new to me” wrap method.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:53 PM   #20
AKMIMNAK
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Back Maniac View Post
This is the continuation of the Harry Soo video where we focused on setting up the cooker and the actual cook itself. You know it's kinda funny. That day was so chaotic and we were shooting for 5 different channels. You combine that with the fact that Harry talks pretty fast and we had 3 different projects going at once and I really didn't appreciate how MUCH great info Harry was putting into the videos. He covered all the bases really well.

Just to add some more info based on some feedback I got last time. This video shows how we set up the cooker, lit it, managed the cook, foiled, etc. It's also not as long as it seems because a good percentage of the video is him answering questions about how he ended up on pit masters, his life, and some of the pet projects he is working on.

https://youtu.be/hSEI1mc97Ss

On a personal note, I want to thank you guys for the support you've shown me over the last 2.5 years. This whole "Harry Soo" thing very surreal to me. To go from him being a guy a admired on TV to a friend I could reach out to with a BBQ question is incredibly humbling. I have no delusions about why that's happened and it's because of the support I've gotten. The brethren have supported me since the beginning. Thank you.
As a guy with a small new BBQ channel, I look up to guys like you in the same way you look up to guys like Harry. So thanks for not forgetting about a time when you were a new channel, and for giving back and helping guys like me. I greatly appreciate it, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that, Justin.

Old 08-07-2018, 07:08 PM   #21
Baby Back Maniac
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKMIMNAK View Post
As a guy with a small new BBQ channel, I look up to guys like you in the same way you look up to guys like Harry. So thanks for not forgetting about a time when you were a new channel, and for giving back and helping guys like me. I greatly appreciate it, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that, Justin.
Thanks man. It’s my pleasure.

Old 08-08-2018, 08:09 AM   #22
OferL
is One Chatty Farker

Great video and a great series. Thanks!
OferL is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2018, 08:17 AM   #23
farmer-fred
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Tom

Justin, thanks for posting the great videos on here. I always learn something from them and they are entertaining to boot.
Weber Performer Premium Copper with Vortex Cone & Onlyfire stainless rotisserie ring, Weber Smokey Joe, Trail Embers Triple Function Smoker with Hunsaker Vortex Fire Basket, Kitchen Aid Stainless Gasser, Q-Master Senior Temp Controller, Inkbird IRF-2S Digital Thermometer. Little Griddle GQ230 100% Stainless Steel griddle attachment, Pellet Pro 1190 Pellet Grill With searing station.
farmer-fred is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2018, 09:43 AM   #24
Lummy
Got Wood.

Name/Nickname : Brian

Great video! I got a WSM about a month ago. The plan is to do my first brisket on it this weekend. I certainly like the hot and fast method but I don't have a BBQ Guru or anything like that. Would it be possible to load the WSM up and just leave all vents open for the duration of the cook? I haven't cooked on it long enough to even know what temp I could expect to reach doing it that way. Thanks in advance.
Lummy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2018, 08:43 PM   #25
Baby Back Maniac
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummy View Post
Great video! I got a WSM about a month ago. The plan is to do my first brisket on it this weekend. I certainly like the hot and fast method but I don't have a BBQ Guru or anything like that. Would it be possible to load the WSM up and just leave all vents open for the duration of the cook? I haven't cooked on it long enough to even know what temp I could expect to reach doing it that way. Thanks in advance.
I think you can. Mine gets up to around 425 without a water pan this time a year. Alot of it depends on how hot it is out. Using lump of Kingsford professional would help. Even if it's 350, you are fine. Just take a few minutes longer. Oh darn. lol.

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from: --->
Old 08-08-2018, 08:46 PM   #26
Happy Hapgood
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Mike

Yep, our first 100*F are Free this time of year.
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q
Ink Bird Sous Vide, HF Flame Thower

My Motto these days is "Low Stress, Low Drag".

The Artist Formally Known as Toast

Happy Hapgood is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2018, 09:06 PM   #27
Baby Back Maniac
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
Yep, our first 100*F are Free this time of year.
For real...more than that though. The other day I went outside and every cooker I had was between 130 and 160 degrees. That Texas sun...

Old 08-10-2018, 07:58 AM   #28
barrettd
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Justin,

Agreed. Those are my top channels, useful and entertaining!

Old 08-11-2018, 06:05 PM   #29
Baby Back Maniac
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
Agreed. Those are my top channels, useful and entertaining!
Thank you. They are good dudes too.

Tags
brisket