MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-24-2019, 02:31 PM   #1
dward51
Full Fledged Farker

Default Pit Boss Copperhead 5's discounted again at Walmart

If you missed out on the first round of clearance on the Pit Boss Copperhead 5 vertical pellet smokers for $109 at Walmart earlier this year, some stores are starting to discount them again. Current price near me is $223.

I totally missed the $109 deal, but I picked up one for $223 today at the Hudson Bridge Rd store in Stockbridge. Brickseek said they had 5, and now shows 4 after I bought one, but the one I bought was the last on the floor and the employee said he knew of none in backstock. So that store is out.

They may go for lower than $223, but I'm happy with paying that if I can't snag one lower or get them to price match. So far that one store was the only one in my area discounting them and others are still at $446. So if you have interest in buying one, start watching brickseek again and call before you drive over as what brickseek shows as inventory is not always accurate. Link to the brickseek page for the Copperhead 5 vertical pellet smoker.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-invent...?sku=876324460
dward51 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 07-24-2019, 02:38 PM   #2
ronbrad62
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Ron

I checked just this morning and there was nothing anywhere near me at that price. I will keep checking. Thanks.
ronbrad62 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2019, 02:48 PM   #3
dward51
Full Fledged Farker

Also on a whim, before I check the Walmart price, I looked at Costco to see if they had the Louisiana Grill Vertical 7 Smoker on sale again. Online, it does not, *BUT* their website does now show the annotation "this item may be available at your local Costco for pickup at a lower price". When they had the 7's with the cover on sale back in April for $449, that is how they worded it on the website. So if anyone wants a 7 sized Pit Boss or Louisiana Grill vertical pellet smoker (same model, copper or grey color and "brand" label appears to be the difference), you might want to call your local Costco and see what their current price is.

For $223 to even $449 for the difference in a 5 vs a 7, I could not justify spending the extra money (assuming I could get the 5 for $223 or less). The 5 will be plenty big for me from everything I've read from other owners.

Old 07-24-2019, 02:49 PM   #4
GatorBeerGeek
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Donnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronbrad62 View Post
I checked just this morning and there was nothing anywhere near me at that price. I will keep checking. Thanks.
So there really isn't any at the Lawrenceville store for $109 then?
GatorBeerGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2019, 02:52 PM   #5
dward51
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBeerGeek View Post

Either call them or go by is the only way to tell. Back when they were $109 earlier this year I spent a lot of time on the phone chasing one at that price all over GA. I found a store in Athens that had 2, but a hour later when I arrived they were gone. I talked to the same clerk I spoke with on the phone and he said they sold right after I called and one guy bought them both. I had asked about paying over the phone to hold it and he could not do it.

My advise is just don't wait. If you can find one in stock by calling, I would check that specific store #'s price online and buy online with local pickup. In theory they should pull it and hold it for you. And pick it up ASAP. That may be why my local store still shows 4 and none are actually left available. When checking online price, you need to make sure you are checking against that exact stores inventory. If it's showing the discounted price, you are in the right place. If it's showing the full price again, they are apparently out and it's a ship to store at normal price from national inventory. Today when I checked Hudson Bridge store, it showed the online price as $223 so I beat feat over there to snag the last one available.

Last edited by dward51; 07-24-2019 at 02:58 PM..

Old 07-24-2019, 02:57 PM   #6
dward51
Full Fledged Farker

I also picked up 3 bags of Pit Boss hickory pellets to use for seasoning and initial run or two. I'm saving my half pallet of Lumberjack for once it's seasoned and my regular smokes. They had PB pellets for $8.88 a bag.

Old 07-24-2019, 02:58 PM   #7
GatorBeerGeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by dward51 View Post
Either call them or go by is the only way to tell. Back when they were $109 earlier this year I spent a lot of time on the phone chasing one at that price all over GA. I found a store in Athens that had 2, but a hour later when I arrived they were gone. I talked to the same clerk I spoke with on the phone and he said they sold right after I called and one guy bought them both.

My advise is just don't wait. If you can find one in stock by calling, I would check that specific store #'s price online and buy online with local pickup. In theory they should pull it and hold it for you. And pick it up ASAP. That may be why my local store still shows 4 and none are actually left available.
What that guy didn't tell you is that it was probably him that bought it. I can understand not wanting to drive all over the metro area to try and luck into one, but calling and asking about a clearance item is a very good way to make it disappear.

Trying to get a clearance price via the web with how they have separated Walmart and Walmart.com now (they wont even price match each other unless you happen to get a cooperative store manager) it is damn near impossible to buy online for pickup for a clearance item. They just shipped an item I bought from the warehouse for store pick up when they had more than 10 of it sitting on a shelf.

Old 07-24-2019, 03:05 PM   #8
dward51
Full Fledged Farker

Let me give this illustration. If you search Walmart.com for the SKU of the Copperhead 5, you find it for $446.00

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pit-Boss-...u-ft/876324460

But if you search a specific store that brickseek is showing them in stock at a discounted price, and it shows up at that price, then the store computer still indicates they have some in stock "somewhere" in that specific store. Here is the same SKU of 876324460 but searched in the inventory of my specific store on Hudson Bridge Rd (Store 3402). An hour ago, before I bought the one I have, it showed the price as $223. Now it is showing the $446 price and no stock for pickup today at that store. So I bought the last one in the Walmart inventory for that store. Brickseek now shows 4 (it was 5 when I first saw it).

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pit-Boss-...u-ft/876324460

So if you query the SKU for your store that "may" have it still in stock on discount, and it comes up as pickup today and shows the discounted price, they in theory have it (unless some employee has rat holed it waiting to get off an pay for it). This is the only semi-reliable way I know of to somewhat check availability without calling and tipping off an employee.

Old 07-24-2019, 03:10 PM   #9
dward51
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
GatorBeerGeek, I just checked the Lawrenceville store #3388, that shows them at $109 on Brickseek by querying the specific store inventory. Not in stock under that SKU. So, no they appear to actually *NOT* have any in stock at that price.

When you check a specific store inventory, do not use the search bar near the top of the walmart page, but in the "Find items in this store" which is a little lower in the middle of the page if you are in the right spot. Here is an example of the Lawrenceville store inventory search link:

https://www.walmart.com/store/3388/l...uery=876324460

Old 07-24-2019, 03:13 PM   #10
ronbrad62

Quote:
That has been showing since last year when the clearance was on, so I am going to assume that it is inaccurate and outdated. I have been tempted to check it out, just to satisfy my curiosity, but the traffic headache between that store and my house shoots that idea down quick.

Old 07-24-2019, 03:20 PM   #11
dward51
Full Fledged Farker

Yep, Johns Creek to Lawrenceville at this time of day is not a good idea. Alpharetta is even worse!

The Riverdale store kept showing 3 in stock for $109 on brickseek for months after I confirmed they had none. Brickseek is basically a guide to where to check. The specific store inventory is the thing to check before driving over.

Old 07-24-2019, 03:34 PM   #12
GatorBeerGeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronbrad62 View Post
That has been showing since last year when the clearance was on, so I am going to assume that it is inaccurate and outdated. I have been tempted to check it out, just to satisfy my curiosity, but the traffic headache between that store and my house shoots that idea down quick.
The traffic is one of the reasons I never bothered to check. The main one is dealing with a pissed off wife for buying something I dont really need. Now if I happen to ever see one of those Blackstone deals...

If not for one of my favorite breweries being in Duluth I would be just fine never venturing into Gwinnett County.

Old 07-24-2019, 03:55 PM   #13
sewerrat
Full Fledged Farker

I got the whisky still smoker for $25 at one of my local Walmarts.
Good little smoker for the lake house.
https://brickseek.com/walmart-invent...?sku=578111017

sewerrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 07-24-2019, 04:29 PM   #14
ronbrad62

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerrat View Post
I got the whisky still smoker for $25 at one of my local Walmarts.
Good little smoker for the lake house.
https://brickseek.com/walmart-invent...?sku=578111017

Nice way to disguise a still. Now, brew us up some of that real mountain dew.

Old 07-24-2019, 04:36 PM   #15
GatorBeerGeek

Not sure that this is the right thread exactly, but I think it works. This just popped up on slickdeals. I thought some might be interested, especially since it apparently got matched by Amazon.

https://slickdeals.net/f/13256167-pi...?src=frontpage