MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #31
BecknCO
On the road to being a farker

Thumbs down

To Beast - I've got all the thermometers - maverick et732 and thermaworks $20 instant read. I've tried calibrating the latter in an ice bath, but not sure I'm doing it right. The elevation here makes it too hard to get an accurate boiling water test.

Update: Did baby backs last night, and just as I was dumping the coals to start the cook, the HOA narc showed up and told me she was going to report me again . I guess I'll go to the meeting here in a couple days and plead my case.....gawd I hate this place and can't wait to move....if I would have thought more about my screen name I would've gone with PatioPariah

Any way to change this Mr. mod(s)???
BecknCO is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #32
hachi-roku_fan
is one Smokin' Farker

Is there any way you can make your patio more private? Get room separation walls or something. They can't charge you with what they can't see. One reason while I bought a house instead of a condo, no HOA fees and nonsense
hachi-roku_fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2013, 06:19 PM   #33
unzippy
Full Fledged Farker

Smoking on the first floor?

There's your problem!
unzippy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2013, 06:58 PM   #34
BecknCO

I know...I'm a bad person...

The friggen landscapers clipped the bushes in front, so the best I can do is to try to hide the mini behind the gasser.....and clearly this hasn't worked

Old 07-21-2013, 07:03 PM   #35
Fake Farmer

Welcome Beck! So much to learn and try here from the Brethren.

I thought Colorado legalized smoking recently? Seems a little hypocritical of the Man to come down on you. You ain't hurtin nobody ;-)
Fake Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #36
EX~DY

Name/Nickname : Dominic

Beck, many people have that problem down here. That's how I got my Performer for cheap. The HOA's in all the gated communities down here do not allow charcoal! They will allow propane, with a cooking area less than 100 sq. in. but no charcoal. I guess the smell of the smoke is somehow offensive to their more refined noses. Another reason why I can't live in one of their communities.

In the end it will be okay.
And if it's not okay, it's not the end.
EX~DY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #37
smokeinthenoke

That's crazy. When I fire mine up the neighbors come looking for samples. I live in an apartment with 4' between the building and sidewalk where I have semi-permanently parked my 275 gal offset and a pile of wood I was actually very surprised that the landlord said "that's a nice smoker" instead of "get that thing the ___ outa' here!" I hope you have better luck in the future. Maybe if you feed them some great BBQ they'll be more lenient. Maybe cook for an HOA meeting sometime? Sometimes all you can do is kiss some butts to get what you want. So why not kiss some butts with some pork butts!

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #38
BecknCO

That's not a bad idea - we'll see how it all plays out during the next meeting...although I'm not too optimistic

Old 07-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #39
buccaneer
somebody shut me the fark up.

Posting your crime on the internetty proves you are one whacked whackadoodle and you fit right in!!

Old 07-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #40
NickTheGreat
is Blowin Smoke!

That sucks man. I'd post about how stupid HOA's are, but you clearly realize that now

Old 07-22-2013, 11:06 AM   #41
BecknCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buccaneer View Post
Posting your crime on the internetty proves you are one whacked whackadoodle and you fit right in!!
although I'm not positive, I'm pretty sure this is the last place in the world these pretentious pr!cks would look....I need to figure out how the guy with the hasty bake on the 3rd floor gets away with it (it's probably because he's on the 3rd floor)

Old 07-22-2013, 11:23 AM   #42
Fo Sizzle My Nizzle
is one Smokin' Farker

Maybe take up baking?

When all else fails just ask yourself, WWGALD???
Fo Sizzle My Nizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #43
BecknCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fo Sizzle My Nizzle View Post
Maybe take up baking?
LOL!

Well....I don't know about that, but I do think there is an old george foreman grill laying around somewhere...

Old 07-22-2013, 11:48 AM   #44
GMDGeek
is one Smokin' Farker

Welcome to the brethren - great group of peeps.

The HOA won't let you smoke? Really!? I'd kick the crap out of mine if they told me I couldn't! Although - I already did decide, next home purchase I am moving further out to the country where I can have more land an NO freaking HOA!

Old 07-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #45
QansasjayhawQ
is One Chatty Farker

I get an annual letter from my HOA.

When I got the first one, I said 'OK - go ahead and take me to court'.

Of course that incurs an expense and effort on their part . . .

That's been about six years now - and I'm still smokin out back.

Your mileage may vary - but I thought I'd throw that out there as an option for you.

Welcome to the brethren forums!
http://www.moocowbbq.com/
Two Weber 22.5" kettles One Brinkmann Smoke'N PitMaster Deluxe One LARGE WSM! (special black glossy finish) w/Stoker! WooHoo! KCBS Member/KCBS Master CBJ #24295
Sweaty, smokey and enjoying every minute.
QansasjayhawQ is offline   Reply With Quote