Help? Boston Butt and Brisket

bigred

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I'm doing my first big cook this weekend. End of summer Bash for my church. Im cooking 30 lbs each of brisket and boston for about 100 people. I know the brisket, but the butt Im a little worried about. We are going to shred it, So how long do I cook it at per pound? I appreciate the help. If there are any of you brethren in the vicinity of Noblesville, IN let me know and Ill give you the address.

Depending on the size of the butts and temperature you are cooking but you can figure and 8lb butt to be around 11-12 hours @ 225 degrees

I thank you. I've been toying in the back yard with a few things. Ribs and brisket....I'm good. Shoulder....not so much. Especially not with this much. I had to add a second grate into the smoker just to be able to accommodate this much meat.

These days I'm more concerned with internal temperature; the reason is that if I need to cook them quicker I can jack up the heat of the smoker and get almost the same results as letting them go for 12-16 hours. Keep in mind if your going to pull the butts you are looking for 195-205 degrees internal temp (same for the brisket). Also I highly recommend wrapping your butts and brisket in foil and let rest in a dry cooler for at least an hour. Just my 2 cents.

Back