Does size really matter?

bam

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
What size brisket do you prefer? Got a gift certificate from snake river farms 100 dollars. :thumb:

I just went on their website and see they now ask you to specify size (under 14, 14-17, and over 17) They also now charge accordingly.

I see the price has gone up a bit since the summer. Used to be only one size to order for $58 plus shipping, and they usually ranged between 14 and 17 pounds when I received them.

I have been very satisfied with the ones I've gotten. With the price increase, I think I'll try the under 14lbs next.

I don't care about weight what look for is how thick the flat is. I want the end of the flat to be about 1 to 1-1/2" thick. I can trim a large brisket down if I need to.

Unfortunately, when you live on the east coast and buy a Snake River Farms brisket, you get what they send you. You don't get to select by feel or thickness.

Unfortunately, when you live on the east coast and buy a Snake River Farms brisket, you get what they send you. You don't get to select by feel or thickness.
Well, so much for my method then!:laugh:

In that case I would go small. my thinking there is it shouldn't be from an older animal in most cases. I'm thinking odds of getting a good one here basically.

12# minimum to about 16# I think they cook better, any smaller the flat is too thin and you run the risk of it being too dry, just my 2 cents.

John

Go for the big ones.. 16s and up... if you can get them... SRF Waygu seems to cook faster than choice or Angus beef ... The bigger you go the better they are...

Back