MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

Default Bass Pro Shops Ceramic Grill Question.

Does anyone know who manufactures this grill? They are on clearance at the local BPS for $400. It is the same size as a large BGE. I have searched online and could not find out who the mfg. is. It looks exactly like the Browning grill, but it doesn't have the $200 logo and is not an ugly brown.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-12-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
Boshizzle
somebody shut me the fark up.

Is this it? If so, it's a Browning.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #3
Meat Meets Meat
On the road to being a farker

Never seen one but it looks nice
XL BGE, Two L BGEs, 22.5 SS Performer Blue, 22.5 Weber Kettles (Grey, Green, Brown, Red, Two Tone Red) 22.5 WSM, Three 18.5 WSMs, Mini WSM, Rib-o-lator, Green Thermapen, Stoker with wifi
Meat Meets Meat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #4
ToddM
Full Fledged Farker

It looked nice so I checked it out on the Bass Pro website. Based on the reviews, I don't think I'd touch this. Seems to be fairly unanimous opinions that the quality is less than acceptable. They also state that there are no available accessories either.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #5
Boshizzle
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddM View Post
It looked nice so I checked it out on the Bass Pro website. Based on the reviews, I don't think I'd touch this. Seems to be fairly unanimous opinions that the quality is less than acceptable. They also state that there are no available accessories either.

I bet with some brethren ingenuity, it could easliy be made into a great cooker.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:07 PM   #6
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

Yes it is like the one pictured above. But who makes it? I am sure that Browning licenses their name and some other company is making the grill. I think the reason they are on clearance is because of the reviews. I have read them and know of the failures. I can live with a cracked fire box, as long as the pieces fit together. I'll check the return policy before I pick it up.

As for accessories, I thing BGE stuff will work. If I have to replace anything that is what I will get.

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote