Box #6.....or is it Box #9???

Q-Dat

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Never heard it discussed before so I thought I would toss it out there.

I remember once getting a box that was one or the other and thinking it could be considered either.

Anybody know the official way of avoiding this confusion? I figure its just havon a line over or under the number, but which one?

Most reps around here draw a horizontal line under the number to indicate the bottom.

Don't care for printed stickers.. they can come off. The contests we have competed in, they tend to underline the numbers, but to avoid confusion, I like the idea of just putting the # sign in front of the number. Removes all doubt.

I was at a competition and we got boxes that were supposedly #9. No underline, and a couple of the 9s were so poorly written they could be mistaken for a 4. We asked the rep to fix them and underline, which they did, but they acted like we were being a PITA.

Never went to a comp where they weren't underlined and placed at the tab end of the box so if you are looking into the box with lid closed the number is facing you correctly. You must have some oddball reps down there. Gage & Loman do it like I mentioned I've had them in Slidell and elsewhere.

Never heard it discussed before so I thought I would toss it out there.

I remember once getting a box that was one or the other and thinking it could be considered either.

Anybody know the official way of avoiding this confusion? I figure its just havon a line over or under the number, but which one?

You have events where you judge 9 boxes? :shocked:

Never went to a comp where they weren't underlined and placed at the tab end of the box so if you are looking into the box with lid closed the number is facing you correctly. You must have some oddball reps down there. Gage & Loman do it like I mentioned I've had them in Slidell and elsewhere.

Cajun = oddball perfected

IMHO (of proud cajun heritage myself)

Back