MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
WhiskeyPigBbq
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Houston/Beaumont BBQ reccomondations

Heading down to the area for the weekend and was curious if there were any good restaurants I shouldn't miss.
WhiskeyPigBbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #2
RangerJ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyPigBbq View Post
Heading down to the area for the weekend and was curious if there were any good restaurants I shouldn't miss.
thats about 90 miles between each city. I have no idea whats in Beaumont.

If in Houston, I'd recommend some cajun or Tex Mex as can't miss but the BBQ leaves some to be desired.

Goode Company can be good.
Gatlins is supposed to be good
Pappa's is okay
Rudy's is a love / hate thing. I think they do pretty well, many folks do not.

Dial me into your area a bit closer and I might be able to help more. Flying in and driving to Beaumont? Staying in town and day tripping to Beaumont?
RangerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #3
Westexbbq
somebody shut me the fark up.

Had a nice chopped brisket sandwich at a recent lunch stop at Goode Co.

(as per above, Beaumont is not exactly just down the road......)
Texas International Pop Festival, Labor Day 1969.
IMBAS Certified.
Just roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Always remember, no matter where ya go,
there you are.
I wanna tell you 'bout Texas radio and the big beat.
Someday, I hope to visit Penelope.
Hondo Crouch, Famous Late Mayor of Lunkenbach, Texas who advocated a 'dillo diet: "You can eat nothing but armadillos for a month, but you will have to run down and catch all the armadillos you eat and it can really take the weight off!"

Westexbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:03 PM   #4
WhiskeyPigBbq
Knows what a fatty is.

Staying in Beaumont flying into Houston. I am going to drive back to Houston Saturday morning and visit the guys at Pitmaker.
WhiskeyPigBbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #5
RangerJ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyPigBbq View Post
Staying in Beaumont flying into Houston. I am going to drive back to Houston Saturday morning and visit the guys at Pitmaker.
Too bad you have drive all the way back, their shop is right by the airport.

I'd check out the BBQ Snobs website: http://fcg-bbq.blogspot.com/

He has reviewed just about all of them out in East Texas as well.

Its Gulf Oyster season and the Gulf is still cool, I'd look for some of those while your here. They will be much less expensive than in Chicago.

While the Pappa's family does not always get their que right, their cajun places are pretty solid. Pappadeaux, pretty sure there is one in Beaumont as well.
RangerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #6
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

it's been years, but there is a pappadeaux in beaumont, at least there used to be. +1 on the Tex Mex, there are lots of good Tex Mex joints in that area, i grew up around there

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]UDS | [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] Weber Performer Platinum | Chargriller Akorn | 22.5 Weber OTG | WSJ Gold | Mini WSM | Maverick ET-73 | [COLOR=blue]Blue [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen | Maverick PT-100 |[/COLOR] Gasser(charcoal chimney starter)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
chriscw81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:48 PM   #7
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

just asked someone in the beaumont area and she said carmella's for TexMex and Tony's for BBQ. I've had Carmella's and it's good, but never Tony's.

personally i prefer BBQ at home because a lot of places(but not all) arent so great and i walk out wishing it was better. good luck.

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]UDS | [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] Weber Performer Platinum | Chargriller Akorn | 22.5 Weber OTG | WSJ Gold | Mini WSM | Maverick ET-73 | [COLOR=blue]Blue [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen | Maverick PT-100 |[/COLOR] Gasser(charcoal chimney starter)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
chriscw81 is offline   Reply With Quote