• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Picked up a sponsor

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
We now have a sponsor for this year.:icon_clown He is covering entry fees and $100 worth of meat for each local contest. There are about 7 local comps. That only leaves about 3-4 that aren't covered. I'm looking for someone to fill the gaps. But not bad for our first sponsor.

Good deal, congrats! Where all do you plan to be this year? Sounds like you going after it this year..good luck

How does the sponsor deal work? Do you have a their banner and information for the company at your booth?

We'll have a banner for their BBQ store and have business cards since they're the main egg dealer in North TX.

Sponsors are great. We (Wyatt) have three. One gives us a 75% discount on all meat. One matches every dollar of winnings that Wyatt puts into his college fund (my employer), and the last one will pay up to $200 for every comp Boy-B-Que enters.

In return, they all have a place on the banner, and t-shirts.

thillin- what contests are you cookin' this year. We've cooked Fairfield this month. Next is Irving KC 3/28. Then Terrell 4/18, Mesquite 4/25, Burnet 5/16, Penelope or Alvord 6/13, Wylie 8/15, Greenville 9/19 and finish (hopefully) with Meridian 10/24. Congrats on the sponsor.

thillin- what contests are you cookin' this year. We've cooked Fairfield this month. Next is Irving KC 3/28. Then Terrell 4/18, Mesquite 4/25, Burnet 5/16, Penelope or Alvord 6/13, Wylie 8/15, Greenville 9/19 and finish (hopefully) with Meridian 10/24. Congrats on the sponsor.

Irving Elks 2/27, Irving KC 3/28, Terrell 4/17, 5/22 West?, 5/29 Arlington?, 6/5 Colleyville, 8/14 Wylie, 10/2 Keller, Meridian??. Also Tony76248 mentioned a KCBS event in Bedford. I might try a couple others if they fall just right.

Ty

Good job on the sponsor... I'm starting to push for one or two for our comps, too. I think I have one that may pony up some meat, or meat money... But it would be nice to have a couple of them.

We periodically get sponsors, but have never had a full year. Boy is it nice when we have 'em!

Congrats Ty, that will really help on the expenses. Maybe you can break even. :rolleyes:

Sponsors are great, today is payback day for one of ours. Red Fox Bar and Grill at Lake of the Ozarks for their superbowl party. Ribs, brisket, butts, and loins, I'll be running my butt off and the beer is cold, life is good. Congrats Ty do them proud.

Irving Elks 2/27, Irving KC 3/28, Terrell 4/17, 5/22 West?, 5/29 Arlington?, 6/5 Colleyville, 8/14 Wylie, 10/2 Keller, Meridian??. Also Tony76248 mentioned a KCBS event in Bedford. I might try a couple others if they fall just right.

Ty

Finally got my hands on the Bedford application.

$8k prize list ($2k Grand, $1k RGC. Pays to 5th in each category)
Spaces 34x18
Electric provided (2 20 amp circuits)
Water available.

Last edited:
Back