kicked up scalloped 'taters

boatnut

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Made a nice whole ham on the smoker using a recipe from bradley smoker website. basic paste then glazed with a maple/bourbon/dijon sauce..very tastey!
I decided to make some scalloped 'taters to go with it. Found 3 or 4 recipes on the web and decided to do kind of a "fusion" thing , using a little of this n that from each recipe. I used smoked gouda cheese combined with some parmesan and sharp cheddar..also used a can of green chili's and threw in some chopped up roasted garlic then topped with panko bread crumbs.
I got rave reviews on them, but a few people commented they were "kinda hot". I thought that was odd...since green chili's are pretty durn mild. After dinner , I got to checking..appears I grapped a can of diced jalopeno's in lieu of the green chili's! oh well..they did turn out great!

I like the sound of those taters. We did a more basic version but with caramelized onions, finished with a deglaze of aged balsamic vinegar, topped with grated pepper jack. The smoked gouda and panko sound like a great twist! That's a nice complement to the ham.

Back