Sams Club Des Moines Friday Evening Sweetcorn Feed

Leatherheadiowa

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Anyone interested in enjoying some fresh Iowa Sweetcorn on Friday evening? I have a friend that will provide a bunch of sweetcorn for me if there is interest. Very informal but thought I would offer and see if anyone is interested. Let me know if you are interested and I will arrange for the corn, butter, and salt & pepper!

I know this might be a little off topic but it still involves corn so I thought I'd post it here for all of you Iowans to maybe try out sometime..while we were there last month the corn just came in and all of the stores had the Grimes trucks in the parking lots(very cool)anyway we grilled some up but I didn't get to make Mexican Street Corn..out here in Ca guys push carts around selling this stuff and it's really good so I thought you guys might enjoy a little twist with this and don't be afraid of the mayo you can't really taste it

1/4 cup mayo
2tsp chili powder
4ears corn
Kraft Parmesan cheese
Limes

Boil corn until almost done,then char on a grill to add some flavor,meanwhile mix the mayo and chili powder until it's pink in color and you can taste a little heat(you might need to add more powder)once corn is ready spread mayo mix on the corn like you would butter then sprinkle with the cheese(or you can roll it in the cheese)then squeeze the lime juice over it..trust me it's sounds a little weird but it's downright tasty.

Back