Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler (Rookie)

fedex

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
For Fathers Day My Wife bought me a 9 Quart Lodge Dutch Oven. Tonight I finally got around to giving it a try. My favorite desert Peach Cobbler.
Used the Performer.

2 large cans of peaches, 1 box of white cake mix on top the peaches, 1 stick of butter sliced on the mix and cinnamon sugar.

24 coals on the top and 16 on the bottom.

After 45 minutes not ready

1 hour 15 minutes it looked done to me.

Let it rest for 45 minutes and gave it a try.

Yup, really good!!!!!!!! No Ice Cream Damn It.

It all looks delicious, and a "dump" cake is my favorite. What is the reason for the foil?

Have a Blessed day!

Omar

It all looks delicious, and a "dump" cake is my favorite. What is the reason for the foil?

Have a Blessed day!

Omar

Easy clean up. Wasn't sure of what gooey mess I was going to have to clean up. I HATE washing dishes.

Nothing Rookie about that mate

YUM, I love dutch oven peach cobbler! Used to have it all the time at scout camp. Looks delicious!

I use a slight variation -- cake mix, can of blueberry pie filling, and a can of Coke or 7-Up. Works great.

Excellent! I've been looking up these recipes so this post is right on time. :-D

Looks great- Love peach cobbler! I've got a similar recipe, one of Mom's better ones for sure.

We make it the same, and take a can of whipped cream with us when we're cooking at a campsite and can't keep ice cream frozen.

One thing we love to add is fresh raspberries or other berries in season. Just sprinkle them throughout and it the peach and berry combo is always a hit.

Back