Smoked Prime Rib

jrtexas

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Tom Thumb had Prime Rib roasts at $3.99 lb...couldn't help myself!

P1010760.jpg

Pretty good marbling....

P1010761.jpg

Rubbed and coming to room temp...
P1010767.jpg

A little searing b4 smoking...
P1010772.jpg

And into the smoker....
P1010777.jpg

P1010779.jpg

Resting....
P1010784.jpg

P1010785.jpg

And time to eat! Perfect...if you like rare meat! Cheers...

P1010792.jpg

1. That looks AMAZING!
2. I am more impressed with the price! Wish it was that cheap around here. I can't get a prime rib for anything less than $60. Farkin' NY!

Awesome looking!!! We would have prime rib all the time if we could get a price like that. Twice the price here if you are lucky. Great score and cook.

That looks damn good. I wish I could score me some for $3.99 /LB. Beautiful money shot

Good golly, I can't even find tri-tip for less than $3.98/lb. right now. That just makes me insanely jealous, but good for you!

How did you like it smoked as opposed to oven-cooked? I did a few in the oven over the holidays and they turned out fantastic, but I was really tempted to try smoking one.

How did you like it smoked as opposed to oven-cooked? I did a few in the oven over the holidays and they turned out fantastic, but I was really tempted to try smoking one.

I have done Prime Rib in the oven and with my Showtime rotisserie. Both with great results. However, after smoking PR I will never prepare it any other way. Outstanding results!

Just curious, what species wood would you use for smoking prime rib? I would think something light like apple or pecan might be the way to go.

Thoughts?

I have used both apple and pecan and loved both. I have ate at a smokehouse that uses walnut that turns out some nice Prime!

Back