BBQ Brethren "Beer, Wine & Spirits" Throwdown

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Beer, Wine and Spirits"[/size]
alcohol.jpg

Anonymous photo

...as chosen by BobBrisket, the winner of the Soups, Stews & Chili Throwdown!

This shouldn't be too hard to figure out folks. Your dish should contain the featured ingredient. If however you choose to be an ignoramus and cook beer on the grill, please be careful of any exploding cans or bottles, and for goodness sakes use gloves when pulling the beer off the grill. For those who have problems how to figure out how to keep the beer from falling through the grates, just give up now.

Here are the simple and unchanging list of rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

1) The dish must be Grilled or Smoked during the cooking process, or feature Grilled or Smoked ingredients in a prominent manner.
2) Entries must be cooked during the current throwdown period ( 11/6 - 11/15 ).
3) All pics (any number) must be submitted by Midnight Central Time on the night of 11/15.
4) Only one picture from one dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
5) If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.

The voting will begin Monday 11/16 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 11/20. All votes will be public.

Don't forget the Cakes & Pies Throwdown is still accepting entries until midnight Sunday night ( 11/8 )!

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Wild Game Throwdown.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

So a picture of me downing a sixpack of these probably WOULDN'T count right?

shiner-smokehaus-2.jpg

3985279461_4fdff1e29d.jpg

Who says you can't smoke beer! :razz:

I think I just literally L'd my A off!!!!!:razz:

Our new category is...

This shouldn't be too hard to figure out folks. Your dish should contain the featured ingredient. If however you choose to be an ignoramus and cook beer on the grill, please be careful of any exploding cans or bottles, and for goodness sakes use gloves when pulling the beer off the grill. For those who have problems how to figure out how to keep the beer from falling through the grates, just give up now.

Sweet! I got a big smoky weekend ahead of me anyway, now I just need to lay in the supplies:maerzen.gif

Oh and does it count if the chef has ingested the theme ingredient while cooking????

Think marinades, glazes, sauces, desserts, appetizers, etc. This ingredient will hopefully open the Throwdown to all sorts of food entries. And "DE-Glazing" of the cook is also required!!:twisted:

Since the rules require cooking outside, and I brew outside, I am good on this one. Just gotta get a good photo.

Thank you, Bob.

This is a category that I could do well in. And if I don't, I probably won't even care!

I'm working on something Guinness related, just haven't fine tuned it yet. And I'll be self-marinated with my old, reliable, Miller Lite! Quantity over quality!:twisted:

There's always the standby beer mop. I always preferred a spritz. Drink copious amounts of beer until meat needs a spritz. Shake up a can of beer, open cooker, open can, close cooker.

So a picture of me downing a sixpack of these probably WOULDN'T count right?

shiner-smokehaus-2.jpg

3985279461_4fdff1e29d.jpg

Who says you can't smoke beer! :razz:

I think it would count; as long as you are sitting on your smoker or grill
while you are drinking them...but; be careful you don't overcook your buns.

I may have to remake my Pork Tenderloin Patron for this one.

now you must. have you ever entered a throwdown here? :biggrin:

i just had a few ideas float by on this one :idea:

Back