Ideas on Mounting Maverick ET-732 to UDS?

ATXBen

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Hello! This site has been a great source of information and ideas. So far I've found everything I could ever want to know without having to ask. However, my searching of the forums has left me dry on this question.

What methods have you guys used for mounting the Maverick transmitter to the UDS? Looking for ideas/solutions you guys have found to work well.

My first smoke with the unit was great, but it was just hanging off the side of the smoker by the probe wires and I don't want to do it again. I have a nice port in the wall of the UDS about 1 inch above the cooking grate that I pass the probe wires through.

Thanks!

All I did was build a table for mine. Super easy. Got some l brackets from Home Depot and attached it. Now I can sit my maverick along with beers and whatever else on it.

Get the 6' wires and then you can position it away from the pit if you need to.

I use the magnetic trays on my WSM and Yoder 1500. Worst case, you can remove the magnets and screw the tray onto the drum. Works great.

Magnetic shelf from Harbor Freight but it was 12 long and didn't sit well on curved drum so I cut it in half and bent it a little and now I got 2.

First, you will need to buy a PBC. It will go inside the UDS. THEN DRILL through the UDS to get to the PBC... PLACE THE probe in the hole. Voila!

The magnetic trays are a cool idea as is the 6 ft probes for easier placement. When there is weather while cooking it presents a new issue. A plastic box to put the transmitter in with holes for the wires combined with one of the previous suggestions would work I suppose.... Watching for better ideas as I have had the same question on drizzly days while using my offset

Hard to beat a magnetic tool holder, it can be used for other stuff when not grilling too since it is not a permanent mount.

I recently got the frame from a 2 - burner gasser, from my neighbor. With very minor tweaking, I was able to mount my UDS in it. Now I have two shelves to set whatever I want.

Matt

Thanks for all the ideas! I'm liking the idea of 6' probes and some sort of table/shelf for the most flexible solution.

I had not, thanks for the link! Lots of great ideas...

I just hang mine off the side with the little wire bracket it comes with
Yeah, I'm going to try this first. I didn't realize it came with that bracket as the unit I was using was actually borrowed. Mine just came in the mail.

Just do it like SmokerKing did.......
Wow!

Back