Voting is over

KCBS Board of Directors - The top four are elected to the Board of Directors and will take office at the 2012 February board meeting.
Steve Farrin received 1051 votes, 12% of the total.
Dave Compton received 916 votes, 11% of the total.
Jeff Stith received 808 votes, 10% of the total.
George Mullins received 784 votes, 9% of the total

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:...NOW...go kick some KCBS ass! The BBQ Brethren have spoken! :cool:

Here's what I've just heard - WE WON!!!

Unofficial results give the top spots to:

Steve Farrin
Dave Compton
Jeff Stith
George Mullins

We thank you for your support and promise to do our best to bring openness & honesty to YOUR organization. By the way, if any of you feel that you could be an asset to the KCBS, think about serving on one of the various committees. There's a lot of people out there who could really be a help to our BoD.
All the years I've been a kcbs member I've never seen where you get notified of openings for committees..........

All the years I've been a kcbs member I've never seen where you get notified of openings for committees..........

I believe it's been up to board members to select who they want on their committees. I know when I was on the rules committee, Candy called and asked if I would participate. Obviously, I'll soon learn more. :thumb:

True but I thought the fab 4 were gonna change all that

I know things aren't like I would like them to be yet but here's my idea on how committees would work:

1. The Board adopts a regionalized committee system - each chair must select one committee member from each of pre-determined regions (6 to 8 regions). They must include at least one each of a cook, a judge, an organizer and a rep.

2. Said committee members are listed on the KCBS Web site and not kept a secret as they are now.

3. Monthly, the committee meets via conference call to consider their agendas which will be both ideas they have developed and anything the Board has sent to their committee to resolve, working within required timeframes on time-sensitive issues.

4. The committee chair attends via conference call or in person the monthly Board meetings. Ideally I would like to see this being a member at large and not a board member. The board member would be a liason and advisor to the committee and its chair and would participate in all of their conference calls. The chair submits his or her report to the board. Any issues the committee has resolved will have those resolutions presented to the board to ask questions, discuss and vote on. If the board approves, great. If not, they give their reasons and the committee goes back to work.
In this system, the committees have authority and are held accountable for their assignments and thus regional representation is achieved. Additionally, it allows the board to consider recommendations rather than bringing up motions and discussing/debating for an hour. The board is then more efficient and there is WAY less micromanagement. This is the way most cities work... park board, planning and zoning board, etc. They all work on the side making plans and formulating ideas that are then taken to city council for approval.

Even though this is not in place now, when I am assigned a committee, to fill members, I will look for anyone interested in being a part of it, who fully understands we have work to do and who will be known to the membership! Then, I will look at my list to find a KCBS member from every region and internationally and also people from every type of participant in barbecue... competitor, judge, organizer, rep, etc. If I'm going to propose such a committee structure, I'm going to lead by example first.

I just came by to congradulate the winners of the election, I wish you a successful candidacy, if you need any information or help, feel free to contact me @ 619-600-8320

Thanks in advance for your sevice to we as members...

I just came by to congradulate the winners of the election, I wish you a successful candidacy, if you need any information or help, feel free to contact me @ 619-600-8320

Thanks Gene and thank you for your service. I'm sure I'll take you up on your offer at some point.
Steve

Thanks Gene and thank you for your service on the Board the last few years as well!

Thank you Gene, I appreciate it. Thank you for taking the time to serve as well!

Thank you Gene, both for the offer & for your past service.

Social butterfly that you are, I think you'll be fine:p:becky:

Oh... At least i dont feel obligated to giving you a hug and a kiss like the female BOD members...

Back