MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Shirley Fabrication

Notices

Shirley Fabrication www.shirleyfabrication.com or Shirley fabrication facebook Shirley Fabrication builds custom offset smokers specializing in reverse flow. Our custom Pit Builders can switch gears at anytime to your spec in size, metal thickness and any add ons. We also do custom ornamental work, fire pits, and truck accessories. Located in Tuscaloosa Alabama Contact info is 205-310-9160 to speak with Paul.

Old 07-18-2020, 04:02 PM   #1
BBQ Freak
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : BBQ Mojo
Default A Message From Tyler Shirley From Shirley Fabrication

ATTENTION: Tyler wanted me to share this with everyone.....
The ONLY option available on all 24x36's ordered from this point forward with be either a standard shelf or a Stainless Shelf and backsplash. NOTHING else. You can still get artwork, but Tyler will give you the information to order that from the art guy and you will pay the shipping cost.
He has had more and more people that want to add this and that on the 24x36. It is taking up entirely too much time and effort for him to be him worrying about which cooker has an umbrella holder and who has artwork, etc. He said the entire idea behind the 24x36 model was to be a standard cooker with only the shelf option, where folks could get the 24x36 much faster than waiting on a customized model. He will gladly build you anything you want with any options you desire, however you will have a longer wait time.
I also believe that when Paul clears his build list he will be concentrating on the 24x36 models that are more customizable. So that will be an option at some point too.
Tyler said he appreciates all of you! Thanks.

[Font="impact"]Luke's Firepits / Grill[/Font]

[Font="impact"]Lone Star Grillz Mini Insulated Cabinet Smoker[/Font]
BBQ Freak is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2020, 04:31 PM   #2
Tannhauser42
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : X

Makes total sense. If the idea is to make a standardises model in order to make it faster, you gotta keep it standardized.
Tannhauser42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 07-18-2020, 04:43 PM   #3
Mikhail
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Mik

Completely understandable.
Old 07-18-2020, 05:39 PM   #4
TC Smoke & Que
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Rick

If anything, this points to a very popular model and a big demand.
From what I have seen, and I am not a stick burner, it appears to be one fine smoker that meets the requirement s of most of the back yard Pit master.
TC Smoke & Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 07-19-2020, 01:14 AM   #5
Sid Post
is One Chatty Farker

Lots of options totally defeats the reason for a standardized patio model you can get in less that a few years. Most people don't understand the logistics involved when you start adding artwork and 'simple' mods.

Personally, I think they are doing a great thing turning out a good smoker with a 2~3 month backlog and a reasonable price.
Old 07-21-2020, 10:26 PM   #6
ChrisH
Knows what a fatty is.

How much is the patio? I have a 24x50 with warmer, and I’m thinking of selling, getting a patio and buying a trailer to compete.

Is it cabinet or traditional?

Thanks
ChrisH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 11:04 PM   #7
sudsandswine
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Keep your trailer if you plan to be portable...loading a smoker onto another trailer isn’t much fun. My .02
Old 07-21-2020, 11:14 PM   #8
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
How much is the patio? I have a 24x50 with warmer, and I’m thinking of selling, getting a patio and buying a trailer to compete.

Is it cabinet or traditional?

Thanks
It's a standard cabinet not a straight back. Get a winch to help get it on the trailer. I sold my 24x55 and will probably get the 24x36.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 11:33 PM   #9
MrOGH
Got Wood.

Name/Nickname : Oswaldo

How much is the 24x36 standard? I don’t see it in their website
MrOGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 01:21 AM   #10
ASAT
Knows what a fatty is.

I think it’s like $1995...? Ish...
ASAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 05:38 AM   #11
TuscaloosaQ
Babbling Farker

1975$$$

Check out our website at ShirleyFabrication.com

Like our Facebook Page Facebook.com/ShirleyFabrication
TuscaloosaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 08:42 AM   #12
SonVolt
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : SonVolt

Totally understand, but information like this should probably go up on the website considering the transient nature of forum threads. #worthTheWait
SonVolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 01:15 PM   #13
ChrisH
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtexas1 View Post
It's a standard cabinet not a straight back. Get a winch to help get it on the trailer. I sold my 24x55 and will probably get the 24x36.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
To clarify, my 24x50 is a patio. I’m thinking of getting the 24x36 patio and a trailer mounted Shirley. Should have been more clear.
ChrisH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 01:54 PM   #14
cdhbrad
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : CurtisH

When I contacted Tyler late last year to build me a 24x36, I told him I didn't need it for at least 6 months and could he add a few things I thought might be of use to me. Given that lead time, he was OK with that and mine was built with an additional probe port on the right side of chamber, a temp fan port in the pinwheel on the firebox door and extra rails in the chamber to let me use the two large grates equally spaced. I also got the Stainless shelf.

Delivery date got moved up since Kevin had a load coming to FL and I was OK with accepting an earlier delivery. Tyler completed the pit and I got it in March. After using the pit since then, I now realize that I don't really need any of the "add-ons" and would have been perfectly happy with just the SS Shelf as the only option.

I certainly appreciate the additional work Tyler did for me and I also understand the need to get back to the "Standard" model for the 24x36 to standardize production. If anyone still feels the need to have something different done, they just need to realize that "Custom" only requires two things: Time and $$$.
cdhbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 04:30 PM   #15
BBQ Freak
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : BBQ Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonVolt View Post
Totally understand, but information like this should probably go up on the website considering the transient nature of forum threads. #worthTheWait

They website is out dated and do not message them through there because they will not get it . they are looking for a new web master to run it and get it updated but have not found the right person yet ,

[Font="impact"]Luke's Firepits / Grill[/Font]

[Font="impact"]Lone Star Grillz Mini Insulated Cabinet Smoker[/Font]
BBQ Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->