MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
Tim H
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default KCBS Contest in Cleveland, OH?

Any updates on a potential KCBS contest in Cleveland, OH? Rob (Them Ohio City Boys) had told me in July that he was trying to get something going in conjunction with the Ohio City Blues Festival?
Tim H is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2010, 08:46 AM   #2
The Giggler
is one Smokin' Farker

I know Rob has accepted new work that requires him to be out of town most of the time, but I hope he's still got something in the works for a KCBS in Cleveland. It makes too much sense.

Competitive Cook-Contest Organizer-Promoter of Smoke and Fire

Boston Hills BBQ Fest
www.bostonhillsbbqfest.com

PROUD to support Great Lakes BBQ Supply - www.greatlakesbbqsupply.com
The Giggler is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2010, 12:16 AM   #3
Red Valley BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Sean

I was in contact with one of the guys that was working with Rob trying to get a comp in the Cleveland area organized and it looks like it's not going to happen. I don't think this comp was the same as the Ohio City Blues Festival that he mentioned, but I haven't talked to him recently to know for sure. Here is what my contact had to say:

I talked at length with our local councilman a while back. We really couldn't come up with a venue large enough, that could afford to be "trashed" if it rains, and that wouldn't disrupt the neighbors. It's just too dense here to make it work.

I'd love to do it, but in my position it's too risky, and without the political support, just not doable.

So it's a no go. But hopefully Rob might be able to work some magic and find somewhere nearby, when he gets a chance to that is.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:57 AM   #4
suprfast
Take a breath!

Cleveland would be awesome. I lived there as a kid, miss the snow. As an adult im sure the snow would piss me off not being able to smoke 18 times a week. Sorry off topic, just saw Cleveland.
kris
suprfast is offline   Reply With Quote