MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-17-2019, 04:57 PM   #1
Baby Back Maniac
is One Chatty Farker

Default Gabby's Grills Santa Maria Style Attachment

I've been watching Troy cook on his Gabby's Grills Santa Maria Style Attachment for almost a year. He loves the thing, and I always wanted to try it.

As you guys know, I've had a long year so we I wasn't able to see it until last month when he came into town. He left it with me to play with (also because we will often "forget" things at each other's houses so we can tell our wives "Hey I gotta go see Troy and give him back his Grill (or whatever)."

Well I guess I talked about it to much because he ended up giving it to me. lol.

This is just a fun video to share my thoughts and show some clips of the food I've made. I like supporting entrepreneurs with good ideas.

Something I thought about after I filmed this was this is a fun compliment to an offset smoker if you already have a woodpile. You have the big offset for big cooks, the kettle for the day to day stuff, and Santa Maria for wood fired direct grilling.

I realize I sound like a commercial. I'm not sponsored by them. I don't even know the guy who makes them (...yet.) It's just rare that I have this much fun with a new bbq toy and I had a ton of footage I wanted to share.

https://youtu.be/rku4WJixcGQ

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_xxVThreVc"] Brisket Throwdown: Weber Summit Charcoal Grill vs 2017 Kamado Joe Big Joe. [/URL]
Baby Back Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 01-17-2019, 05:07 PM   #2
tom b
somebody shut me the fark up.

Cool vid Justin. I love Santa Maria cooking.

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-17-2019, 05:24 PM   #3
gtsum
Babbling Farker

Very cool.

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
gtsum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2019, 05:34 PM   #4
jdtTX
Full Fledged Farker

I've been following them online for a couple years but never pulled the trigger. I have a 22 not getting any love since I bought a 26, too.

Old 01-17-2019, 06:04 PM   #5
WilliamKY
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : William

That looks awesome and I would love to have one but the 26 is $399. Pass.
Weber 26
WGA
Old Smokey Electric.
Go Cards!
WilliamKY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-17-2019, 07:44 PM   #6
barrettd
On the road to being a farker

Funny, I watched your video, then right after that watched Troy's rotisserie video where he explained giving you his old one. Personally, I think he just wanted an excuse to get the new one with the rotisserie attachment!

For me, personally, it's just too expensive, and I don't see its worth. I have no idea how to cook on a Santa Maria grill, or why I would use that over my kettle (which I'm soon retiring in favor of a Weber gas grill (because I rarely use my kettle for anything other than steaks now that I have pellet, offset, and flattop grills)). If someone left one at my house, I'd play with it, but can't see spending that kind of money on a grill I will rarely use in the future.

Look forward to more videos from you demonstrating its use, though. Maybe you'll convince me to pull the trigger on it in the future!

Old 01-17-2019, 09:41 PM   #7
mbshop
Babbling Farker

Yea, I had planed to make one probably 6 years ago. Never got up to it. Would be nice but hadn't had that ah ha moment that told me I could no longer cook without one.

Old 01-17-2019, 11:10 PM   #8
SmittyJonz
somebody shut me the fark up.

I linked those in a thread I had a year or 2 ago about Fire Pit vs. Santa Maria Grills. Pretty cool for someone who doesn't want to spend for a Santa Maria Grill.

Old 01-18-2019, 07:18 AM   #9
SmokerKing
is Blowin Smoke!

I've fabricated a few, and mine has an adjsutable height rotisserie option as well.
Great adder for the Weber IMO.

SmokerKing is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-18-2019, 11:15 AM   #10
jdtTX
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokerKing View Post
I've fabricated a few, and mine has an adjsutable height rotisserie option as well.
Great adder for the Weber IMO.

Are you selling or just fabbing up for fun?

Old 01-18-2019, 12:13 PM   #11
Baby Back Maniac
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamKY View Post
That looks awesome and I would love to have one but the 26 is $399. Pass.
Yeah, that's a lot.

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_xxVThreVc"] Brisket Throwdown: Weber Summit Charcoal Grill vs 2017 Kamado Joe Big Joe. [/URL]

Old 01-18-2019, 12:15 PM   #12
Baby Back Maniac
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrettd View Post
Funny, I watched your video, then right after that watched Troy's rotisserie video where he explained giving you his old one. Personally, I think he just wanted an excuse to get the new one with the rotisserie attachment!

For me, personally, it's just too expensive, and I don't see its worth. I have no idea how to cook on a Santa Maria grill, or why I would use that over my kettle (which I'm soon retiring in favor of a Weber gas grill (because I rarely use my kettle for anything other than steaks now that I have pellet, offset, and flattop grills)). If someone left one at my house, I'd play with it, but can't see spending that kind of money on a grill I will rarely use in the future.

Look forward to more videos from you demonstrating its use, though. Maybe you'll convince me to pull the trigger on it in the future!
Yeah, It's kind of a experience as much as a cooker. not everything works for everyone.

Old 01-18-2019, 12:16 PM   #13
Baby Back Maniac
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyJonz View Post
I linked those in a thread I had a year or 2 ago about Fire Pit vs. Santa Maria Grills. Pretty cool for someone who doesn't want to spend for a Santa Maria Grill.
I think so too. I love having options.

Old 01-18-2019, 12:18 PM   #14
Baby Back Maniac
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbshop View Post
Yea, I had planed to make one probably 6 years ago. Never got up to it. Would be nice but hadn't had that ah ha moment that told me I could no longer cook without one.
LOL. Yeah, I don't think you'll ever have that moment. It's not necessary...just a lot of fun. I wish I could make stuff. lol

Old 01-19-2019, 06:31 AM   #15
hachi-roku_fan
is one Smokin' Farker

Yea that dude is making money hand over fist at his prices. At 399 I can probably have a local fab guy make me a a whole Santa Maria pit for close to that. It's a hard pass for me. Hell the attachment costs more than a 26er to begin with
hachi-roku_fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Gabby's Grills, Gabby's Grills Santa Maria, Santa Maria Grill