Minneapolis-St. Paul

bittertruth

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I am going to Minneapolis-St Paul for an Aviation Conference and will be there for two days. i would like to try out some of the local BBQ/food and would like some recomendations. I am staying in down town St. Paul so any info from the Minnesota brethren would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Well... Maybe... usually when I am in the Cities I am over in Bloomington or Plymouth. I haven't spent too much time on the St. Paul side. Here's a coupl eof Minneapolis places that i have tried.

Rudolph's Ribs - Its been a couple of years, but I remember some good beef ribs. The place gets good ratings on the various Minneapolis restaurant web sites

Market BBQ - Average. I liked the place before i knew better.

Famous Dave's - Yeah... the chain. I only included it because the original location is there. I'm pretty sure that it is the 7th St. location in St. Paul (1930 7th St W St Paul, MN 55116-3203 )

Scott Ja Mama's BBQ - I haven't tried this place yet, but the reviews are good and the name is cool! If you try it, let me know! I'll be back up that way in April.

Now, going beyond BBQ, what else do you like? there are some very good places up there. Here's some my favorites...

Fuji-Ya - One of the best sushi restaurants I have been to. Fabulous if yo like sushi. NOT CHEAP!!!

Axel's - Great steakhouse. Also NOT CHEAP!!! The Mendota location is closest to St. Paul.

Palomino - Maybe my favorite restaurant in the TC area. Downtown Minneapolis. Great food, great beer. They have their own brew that is very good.

Key's - Now this is a Brethren sort of place. Not fancy. Just good diner food. Great for breakfast, huge portions at lunch. they have other locations, too, but htis is the one I've been to. Near the capitol.

If you need info on specific cuisines, let me know. I've been traveling into that area on business for 15 years.

Back