• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Jamaican Curry Rubbed Pork Tenderloin

MS2SB

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I made a batch of Jamaican curry powder last week to spice up some mayo and some egg salad that my wife and I had for lunches this week and decided to try some additional applications for it. First use was to rub down a pork tenderloin which I then tossed onto the Traeger.

I put a light coating of oil on the tenderloin and then seasoned with some Wild Bill's all purpose seasoning, followed by a generous coating of the curry powder.

I let that rest on the counter for about 45 minutes and prepped some carrots and cauliflower to pan roast and serve as a side.

Tossed the porkloin onto the Traeger at 425* , flipped after 10 minutes and then pulled after ~25 minutes total.

While that was resting I melted some clarified butter in a cast iron pan and added about 2 tsp of the curry powder

Once that was fragrant I cranked the heat to medium high and added the veg. Sauteed until it was slightly tender and began to caramelize a little bit.

After the pork had rested it was time to slice.

Plated

The rub developed a really nice crust and paired with the pork wonderfully. This is going into frequent rotation.

Sorry that some of the photos are upside down, darn photobucket.

That throwdown was last week. :loco:

Nice looking tenderloin.

CD

We like curry at our house, so that beautiful bit o' pr0n went onto the "to cook" list. :grin:

That looks awesome! Nice looking meal :thumb:

Cheers

Nicely cooked Noobian. Yep, gotta hate when you have a good cook and miss the deadline

Back