• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Contest Announcment Taste of Country BBQ Series

arlieque

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
To all Teams and Judges:

I am proud to announce a new national BBQ championship series.

The Taste of Country BBQ Nationals

GIVING AWAY OVER $100,000 IN CASH IN 2011

First Contest: May 27 & 28 2011
Prize Purse: $12,500
7701 W Interstate 40
Amarillo, TX
LIMITED SPACE - REGISTRATION IS ON A FIRST COME BASIS
2011 Taste of Country BBQ Nationals Schedule:
May 28th Amarillo, TX $12,500 Prize Purse confirmed
July 23rd Detroit, MI $12,500 Prize Purse pending sanctioning
July 30th Albany, NY $12,500 Prize Purse confirmed
Aug 6th Buffalo, NY $12,500 Prize Purse confirmed (pending date change sanctioning)
Sept 17th Shreveport, LA $12,500 Prize Purse confirmed
5 Additional Qualifying Events Pending Sanctioning for the Fall 2011

Plus the Taste of Country BBQ Nationals Championship*
*Championship: Limited number of teams. Top 5 teams from all TCBN qualifying events will be guaranteed admittance.
*Free Admission for all 2011 TCBN Grand Champions.
*Double Prize Purse at the Championship event
Included below is more info!
We will be giving away $12,500 at every qualifier plus trophies
Pay breakdown as follows:

Grand Champion: $2,000.00
Reserve Grand Champion: $1,000.00
1st Place: $750.00
2nd Place: $500.00
3rd Place: $300.00
4th Place: $200.00
5th Place: $125.00
6th - 10th Place: $50 (in each category)
Plus a people’s choice award: $1000.00

Competition Coordination: Arlie Bragg

Produced by Townsquare Live Entertainment: a fully-integrated live entertainment development and production company that focuses on developing strategic partnerships with major media and broadcasting entities. Based in Los Angeles, Townsquare Live develops, finances, and produces lifestyle-oriented live events in markets across the United States, including the 36 markets where Townsquare Media currently operates radio stations and associated digital assets. Attached are the team and judge registrations. The event will be at the:
SANCTIONING: Kansas City Barbeque Society

Thanks

ARLIE D BRAGG, PhB
CELL 615-477-7447
E-MAIL abragg@kcbs.us
arlieque@comcast.net
PO Box 846
Mt. Juliet, TN 37122
www.arliequeevents.com for contest regristration

Arlie,
Like Rich said the Grand Rapids, Mi event is already sanctioned and it looks like you have a pretty tight schedule already laid out. FYI, for the month of August, currently there is only 1 sanctioned contest scheduled, thats on the 26-27 if you have the ability to change dates.
June is full too.
We sure would welcome another sanctioned contest in Michigan, thanks for trying to make it happen.

Scott

I think that is my contest too and we have changed the location.

Arlie

The one you had in Grand Rapids was for August and has since been removed from the KCBS website.

http://kcbs.us/events.php?year=&month=&id=2995

Taste of Grand Rapids State BBQ Championship

STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

Grand Rapids, MI
Starts: 07/22/2011
Ends: 07/23/2011
KCBS Reps: MERL WHITEBOOK, CAROL WHITEBOOK

Contact Information:
John Bates
Phone: 616-776-5533
jbates@clearchannel.com

I would strongly advise against having your event in Shreveport, LA on that date, as that is the date of the our money added event in Port Allen, LA, where LABCA members who place are awarded additional cash for the top 3 finishers. There aren't a whole lot of teams in LA to start with, and several have already committed to the Port Allen event. And there is another event in New Orleans that is also looking to have a contest on that date - as well as the Smoke on the Water Pine Bluff, AR contest - there's only 185 mi between Shreveport and Pine Bluff!

And I've yet to hear from the locals near Shreveport that usually have an unsanctioned contest right around that time! Talk about spreading it thin!

North Louisiana really needs contests, tho! Please, let's work something out!!

Lynn H.

The one you had in Grand Rapids was for August and has since been removed from the KCBS website.

http://kcbs.us/events.php?year=&month=&id=2995

Taste of Grand Rapids State BBQ Championship

STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

Grand Rapids, MI
Starts: 07/22/2011
Ends: 07/23/2011
KCBS Reps: MERL WHITEBOOK, CAROL WHITEBOOK

Contact Information:

John Bates
Phone: 616-776-5533
jbates@clearchannel.com

You are right, we are checking now on this and see what we can do.

Thanks

Arlie

Arlie,
If it helps, like I said every weekend in June is booked, July 15-16 Kingsford is on, Grand Rapids 22-23, Oscoda is in the process of sanctioning one for July 29-30.
August 26-27 is Monroe, thats the only one so far and September 9-10 is Silver Lake.
One right before the trip to the Royal would be great.
BBQ in Michigan is growing, that's a good thing!!

Scott

The problem lies in that this is a series with a radio and event sponsors all ready lined up. Dont know if there is anything we can do but we are looking into it. It is one of 11 contests. Hope we can make it work.

Great series idea...bad location for us left coast folks...sob! Let me know if you want to put something together up my way...
Cheers!
JD

The problem lies in that this is a series with a radio and event sponsors all ready lined up. Dont know if there is anything we can do but we are looking into it. It is one of 11 contests. Hope we can make it work.

Hopefully it works out. There is a comp in IL and IN that same weekend. Add one more comp and you are stretching the amount of teams in the area very thin.

Great series idea...bad location for us left coast folks...sob! Let me know if you want to put something together up my way...
Cheers!
JD

Looking at the website, there could be hope for Washington state with the remaing locations that have yet to be sanctioned.

Looking at the website, there could be hope for Washington state with the remaing locations that have yet to be sanctioned.
Sweet! Let me know if I can help in any way...looks like Jesse has already checked the PNWBA calendar...

anyone have any info on the NY contests? no application yet

I have been trying to find out for about a month now, haven't heard anything. If I hear anything I will pass on whatever info I get.

I'm also kind of curious when/where the "championship" might be. I was really looking for a reason to not drive to Maine or Brockport.........

Back