• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Dirty Dalmatian

K-Train

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
What exactly is Dirty Dalmatian rub? My favorite dog was a Dalmatian and is what my BBQ team is named after, so this rub caught my eye.

Its a tri level rub I believe... I think its slathered with mustard then salted and rested.... then Black pepper and Lemon pepper.

Its a tri level rub I believe... I think its slathered with mustard then salted and rested.... then Black pepper and Lemon pepper.

no mustard per the video. i wont give it away as its worth the watch, but you are close.:p

Salt & Peppa makes it Dirty Dalmatian for me....or maybe I didn't Phollow BarbePhunk's advice good enough......can't understand that guy anyway.....

A dalmatian rub is just salt and pepper -- black and white. Easy.

My understanding of a dirty dalmatian is salt and pepper with one other ingredient. I often use the Salt Lick rub recipe or salt, pepper and cayenne pepper, which I consider a dirty dalmatian.

CD

I understand it to be s&p and lemon pepper, if I remember correctly - which is always a dicey proposition. And I think I remember the funk specifying lemon pepper with no salt in it, esp. for high heat applications.

DSC07298bcopy.jpg

Here is some Dalmation rub.... guess I need to watch the video to see what makes 'er dirty. Heheheee.

no mustard per the video. i wont give it away as its worth the watch, but you are close.:p

depends on the meat.

dirty dalmation is just but a portion of the whole.

sorta like the body without the spirit.

search deeper my freind. :becky:

find the funk....search butt glitter.

It's kosher salt, coarse black pepper, and salt free lemon pepper I like to use mrs dash lemon pepper. Also I weigh everything to have all equal parts it's really good simple rub.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

My first attempt at Popdaddy's tri-level brisky from a few years ago with the dirty dalmation rub is linked below. I ended up using the following:
2 parts Diamond Kosher Salt, 2 parts coarse black pepper, 1 part lemon-pepper and 1 part granulated garlic.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66185

It's kosher salt, coarse black pepper, and salt free lemon pepper I like to use mrs dash lemon pepper. Also I weigh everything to have all equal parts it's really good simple rub.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

The plain dalmation I've gotten from Kreuz and Smitty's both had fine salt, coarse pepper..... and some fine red. This is what mine looks like before being mixed up.

DSC08376a.jpg

The plain dalmation I've gotten from Kreuz and Smitty's both had fine salt, coarse pepper..... and some fine red. This is what mine looks like before being mixed up.

Whats the red cayenne? Every time I've asked the boys at Kreuz whats on the brisket all I've gotten from them is SnP. I ask someone different ever time same response, I've never tried to buy it from them cause well they told me it was just SnP.

Back