• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Bagna cauda

I figured some smoked oysters oil and all and then hit em with the boat motor to break em up. I LOVE all that garlic. This will be a must try for one of the holiday get togethers.

So is this essentially like a fondu(sp)?

So is this essentially like a fondu(sp)?

That is about right. I prefer bread the best, but many folks around here like cabbage leaves as well as other vege bites to dip in it.

However, I have been known to just grab a bowl of it and crunch up some crackers and eat it like soup.

Ever see Bees hover around a hive? Better make sure your close when it hits the table or you won't get any. Gotta keep it warm though. Crock pot mod.

Anchovies totally transform their taste when cooked well and broken down......

Im gonna try this later this week....but....the soups??

are they condensed like cambell's?? or heat and serve like progresso's??

I'm a visual person. Not one person has posted any PRON of this dip you speak of! Dare I say it.......never happened?

BTW.. for a variation, I make it with half cream of mushroom and half cream of chicken.

Sorry, but while it sounds incredible, I can't stand anchovies. There's only one thing I can barely stomach anchovies in and that's a spicy Putanesca sauce. Even then, it makes me want to hurl after a while.
What could be substituted for the 'chovies? How about smoked oysters? Anyone ever try it that way?

Yup, I know what you mean, I myself LOVE Anchovies and Sardines, but my wife hates them. If you sub the anchovies, just account for the salt, oysters would be great. I grew up Catholic as well, and this and Paella (seafood only) were the Friday specials during Lent.

Everybody shakes their head when they hear what's in it.:smile:
But they can't stop eating it. Cool sounding grub.

Yup, I know what you mean, I myself LOVE Anchovies and Sardines, but my wife hates them. If you sub the anchovies, just account for the salt, oysters would be great. I grew up Catholic as well, and this and Paella (seafood only) were the Friday specials during Lent.

Well, I'm gonna use the Outlaws as guinnea pigs. I'm gonna try some finely minced smoked oysters instead. We'll see what they think. They aren't really into trying new things and like to stick to the usual. I hesitate trying new stuff with them sometimes cause they won't eat it if they've never seen it before and I end up bring lots of stuff back. I'll post some pron later on.

Jaber, odd, but I love sardines, just for some reason 'chovies don't sit well with me. I got a mean sardine pate recipe from my grandfather. It's one of those, people who don't like sardines can't stop eating it kinda recipes.

:twisted::twisted::twisted:I give up on trying to turn on the all the outlaws to food that is different and pleasing to the palate. They just don't get it. They can have all the instant mashed taters, dry turkey, dry ham, canned gravy, and etc they want.

I don't mean this in a bad way, but to make a long story short.......they just aren't adventurous when it comes to cooking or trying NEW things.

On a bright note...........when my wife tasted the Bagna she said.................."Chit, give me a bowl full and I'll eat it like soup, damn it's good!!!" This was the only review that matters to me.

It took a lot of years to turn my wife tastebuds onto good chit.

PS.....I loved it. I'm exuding(sp) a beautiful aroma of garlic from my breath, pores, and other areas(pfffffft) too. It's beautiful. I'm making a batch for my folks tomorrow............I know they will love it. They are garlic ADDICTS!!

:twisted::twisted::twisted:They can have all the instant mashed taters, dry turkey, dry ham, canned gravy, and etc they want.
!!
Simple answer....Serve them this
BanquetTurkeyMeal.jpg

Let's Keep This Post Alive..

Does it give you "garlic breath?" :icon_sick

If I made a batch up and ate it on Saturday, would I be OK breath wise on Monday?

OK, fire away. But you know what I mean!!!

:biggrin::oops::biggrin:

JimT

I really want to try this for my family's annual fishing outing next weekend. Will this turn out ok if I make it the night before, let it sit chilled until the next afternoon,then reheat in the crock pot?

Back