Cooking and Camping, in style! Pron a Plenty!!!

Desert Dweller

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Mesa, AZ Not exactly hell, but the zip code is ve
Well, the family took it's first trip in the new to us Motor Home. We had a great time despite several problems and about a grand in additional expenses, i.e; blown radiator hoses and valve coupler $350, blown inside dually, heavy recovery shop on wheels with new tire, $341, second blown tire outside dually, limped home 70 miles, yet to be fixed...

We left the heat of the desert and headed to the cool pines outside Flagstaff. The daytime high at home was 115 and the temp in Flagstaff never made it above 83.

Hamburgers on Ciabattas for dinner the first night. Second day; breakfast burritos made from thawed and cubed smoked prime rib; lunch bacon wrapped Jumbo Dogs and Bacon wrapped hot Italian Sausages; dinner more bacon wrapped sausages and dog, with bacon wrapped lil cheddar smokies. And though I was too busy breaking camp to get pics of the final meal, bacon and eggs for breakfast this morning... All in all, and expensively great time!

Attachments

• 1st rv trip 004.jpg
    1st rv trip 004.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 530
  • 1st rv trip 006.jpg
    1st rv trip 006.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 527
  • 1st rv trip 007.jpg
    1st rv trip 007.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 527
  • 1st rv trip 009.jpg
    1st rv trip 009.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 518
  • 1st rv trip 010.jpg
    1st rv trip 010.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 523
  • 1st rv trip 011.jpg
    1st rv trip 011.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 524
  • 1st rv trip 012.jpg
    1st rv trip 012.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 520
  • 1st rv trip 001.jpg
    1st rv trip 001.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 520
  • 1st rv trip 008.jpg
    1st rv trip 008.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 522
Excellent pics, especially the last one. It says it all!

Just goes to show you that no matter where you go, good food, good times and memories can be had.

Sorry about the camper troubles. Looks like you took some of the edge off with that great looking food though.:eusa_clap

I love your attitude brother. Prayers for no more repairs.

Does it get much better than that, outside of the repairs:(

I don't think so!

Nothing beats trouble like the taste of some great Q... Good looking family. Makes it all worth the trouble.

Nice looking grub! I'm partial to the mid-east part of the state for an escape. Woods Canyon, Bear Canyon, etc. Gotta love the Flag area as well though! John

Very nice set up there Brother Bo and good eats. :icon_cool My hat's off to you keeping those 4 boys in line.

Kids never forget camping! Sorry about the repairs, but those pics show good eats!

I could do THAT kind of camping. Looks like a great time Bo!

Back