Anyone use this patty smasher?

SmokeRingsMatter

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Wondering how many oz balls to smash with this thing. :laugh:

Looking to end up with a few thin patties to be slightly oversized on a standard hamburger bun.

Attachments

• 076903221231_13815134.jpg
    076903221231_13815134.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 770
  • 076903221231.jpg
    076903221231.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 782
Two questions.... 1. Who welded this? and 2. Don't you have a plastic lid from a Planters peanut jar that accomplishes the same thing?

The company Blue Rhino Welded it. (they sell Propane)
And yes i have a plastic lid from a planters jar, but it melted when i tried to smash a burger on my blackstone. I am hoping this Stainless Steel burger smasher doesnt melt.

Two questions.... 1. Who welded this? and 2. Don't you have a plastic lid from a Planters peanut jar that accomplishes the same thing?

I’ll ask question #1 twice...

Does that tape measure have actual fractions on it? Never seen that before...

My bad, didn't realize we had members that don't know how to read words, or a tape measure.

Anyway, for members that are actually interested in this smash burger press, here is the link.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Blue-Rhino-Stainless-Steel-Burger-Press/1001569220

Ohhhh sorry... I do read words and my tape measure is marked in 1/100ths so yes, I can read a tape marked in 1/100ths and convert to fractions (in my head) for someone that gives me a deer in the headlights look when they have no idea what 21.1875” means...

So to answer your question ?

I’ll guess 3.25 oz...

You probably could have just said this instead of accusing him of not being able to read.

I was pretty clear on #1 not sure why he asked twice. I am sorry if the picture was not clear, thats this sites allowed resolution. BTW, are you a mod on a MMA forum?, your name is familiar.

Look guys, I wasn't trying to turn this thread into a argument. I just wanted to know if anyone else has bought this thing and smashed burgers with it, and if so, how many ounces have they used. I really felt you guys were giving me a hard time, it comes with the territory i guess. Anyway, i am thick skinned, i can take it, but really, this thing seems cool. And is pretty cheap, might be a cool gadget.

I have never seen it before, but I looked at the reviews in the link you provided and one said they pressed 50 4oz patties.

I have never seen it before, but I looked at the reviews in the link you provided and one said they pressed 50 4oz patties.

Never bothered to read the reviews. I was suprised nobody has heard or seen this thing yet. The size of it is what caught my attention. I hate tiny patties that seem to get burried in a regular hamburger bun. This thing seems to smash some nice burgers. Going to try 4oz. I'll post pics. (not that any of original posters will care, lol)

2020-03-27-1.jpg

2020-03-27-4.jpg

2020-03-27-5.jpg

Back