• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

pork chops & rumpple sauce. bresaola & pecorino pie. basil & goat cheese pie

Zippylip

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Slice a couple apples & sprinkle on some pineapple head rub:

001.jpg

light up the chimney, pop the pan on top while it’s ashing over, makes a great hot plate:

002.jpg

side angle view, need just a crack there so air can circulate through so I propped the handle on the edge of the table:

003.jpg

by the time the apples were nice & softened, the briquettes were ready to go into the kettle:

004.jpg

let it go another few minutes with the lid on just to be sure:

005.jpg

remove the lid & add a few glugs of rum:

006.jpg

you can’t see it in the picture, but there is a huge flame coming of the top here:

008.jpg

remove to the food processor:

012.jpg

pulsed a few times for some chunky sauce:

013.jpg

meanwhile, toss on some apple chips:

009.jpg

tossed on some 4 hour brined boneless pork chops rubbed down with olive oil & homemade rub:

010.jpg

couple minutes later:

014.jpg

on the plate:

015.jpg

little extra pineapple head on the sauce for a some more kick:

016.jpg

it was delicious.

Last weekend, made a few pies. The first was bresaola, thinly shaved pecorino, sliced hot chilils, extra virgin olive oil & black pepper. The second was fresh basil & goat cheese along with olive oil & black pepper:

011.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

007.jpg

021.jpg

008-1.jpg

have a great 4th of July weekend all, Marc

LOVE IT!!! :thumb: :clap2:.Sure am glad I ain't the ONLY egghead that still loves the Kettle!:becky:

LOVE IT!!! :thumb: :clap2:.Sure am glad I ain't the ONLY egghead that still loves the Kettle!:becky:

Hoss, I would wager there are a lot more eggers that use their kettles more frequently than they'd lead us to believe :laugh:; my kettle gets every bit of 1/2 of all my outdoor cooking - I need a smoky joe to round out the collection

I gotta try that rumpple!

It was really good. I've never made apple sauce before & this kind of came as an after thought. Picked up the pork on sale & when I got home had to dig around to find something to cook with it, we had no veggies or other sides, but I had a bag of apples & they were starting to get a little soft, so this made sense. I'm thinking you could liquor it up with just about anything right :becky:

Back