**** Annual Northern Illinois Brethren Mid Winter Gathering, 2019 Edition!!! - Saturday, Jan. 26th, 2019

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's time for the annual IL/IN/IA/WI/MO midwinter lunch!

We're doing something a little different this time. We will be at a local microbrewery and will have lunch catered by a local BBQ restaurant.

Full details are in this thread!

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266791

We can accommodate 60 people so please RSVP in that thread!

This is a great idea. Our winter group has gotten so big, not many places we can go to that will accommodate us all. This way we can sample the good smaller places.

Hopefully all of you that will be attending also plan on attending the Chicago Summer Bash! Still amazes me that you'll pay for usually good, but sometimes not so good BBQ, but don't want to come out and hang with your fellow Brethren and be guaranteed good BBQ during the summer. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So what’s the weather like in January in Chicago?

Balmy :-D

Just booked a trip to Pompano Beach for the first week of February. Will talk to my wife about changing the date and location to Chicago in January. She said she just needed a li'l winter getaway so it should be an easy sale.

Just booked a trip to Pompano Beach for the first week of February. Will talk to my wife about changing the date and location to Chicago in January. She said she just needed a li'l winter getaway so it should be an easy sale.

Good luck with that :becky:

Good luck with that :becky:

I think you Southerner's aren't aware of how erect our nipples are for 3 months of the year up North.

That should cinch the deal with her

Hmmm... 31 people signed up already. That's more than the last two Chicago Bashes combined. :tsk: :tsk: :tsk:

I can guarantee you the summer bash is much better and usually much tastier.

Bumpity! :-D

I have to provide a final head count by the 21st, so please sign up if you can make it!

Wish it was a bit closer, that's about a 5 to 6 hour round trip, not factoring the Chi-town area traffic.
If it weren't for the new pup, it would've made for a nice little weekend retreat for me and the Mrs.
Have fun all and be sure to post up some pics!

Wish it was a bit closer, that's about a 5 to 6 hour round trip, not factoring the Chi-town area traffic.
If it weren't for the new pup, it would've made for a nice little weekend retreat for me and the Mrs.
Have fun all and be sure to post up some pics!

Understood. We do a picnic in the summer, so keep an eye out for that info to be posted and maybe you can join us for that!

Back