Water....when?

TXNewbie

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So I recently did my first turkey in my LSG PeeWee. I tried the water pan also for the first time and the turkey came out really, really moist and tender.

I'd like to try the water pan this weekend on a brisket now that I have done several on the LSG without.

My question is should I add hot water to the pan once I reach cooking temp, or prior to reaching temp and let the smoker raise the water temp?

So I recently did my first turkey in my LSG PeeWee. I tried the water pan also for the first time and the turkey came out really, really moist and tender.

I'd like to try the water pan this weekend on a brisket now that I have done several on the LSG without.

My question is should I add hot water to the pan once I reach cooking temp, or prior to reaching temp and let the smoker raise the water temp?

You’re talking about a difference of 5 minutes in waiting for the smoker to get to temp unless you’re boiling your water and putting it in there. I’ll wait the five each time.

I give the credit to the cook not the water. :thumb:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I always fill the water as I am prepping the smoker, before starting fire. Never noticed it being an issue to warm up. IMO.

Can't imagine how it would ever matter over the multiple hours of the cook that it took a few minutes for water to heat.

When I use water , I just add hot tap water before starting the coals, does it matter, ???but it doesnt hurt either

Back