• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

2019 SW BBQ Brethren Spring Bash Planning

Pig_Farmer

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Ok SW folks and anyone else that want to join in on the fun. :whoo:

We would like to get a spring bash together this coming year. My initial thoughts were the weekend of April 13. Which would be the weekend before Easter. Location to be determined. I think another camping style bash would be great.

Let me know your thoughts (but only the good ones :biggrin1:). Location suggestions are more than welcome.

If you know anyone with access to green chile, let me know. :wink:

Shadow, what are you thoughts on Oasis State Park?

You know me I'm in for another great bash! The first one was out of the park!!!
Far as green chile goes, non Fresh but should still have some in the freezer.
The camping style would be great for people who have an RV and as long as we have some close access to hotels as well. I can check with a friend of mine in Las Cruces and he might have some access to a place that has lots of trees.

You know me I'm in for another great bash! The first one was out of the park!!!
Far as green chile goes, non Fresh but should still have some in the freezer.
The camping style would be great for people who have an RV and as long as we have some close access to hotels as well. I can check with a friend of mine in Las Cruces and he might have some access to a place that has lots of trees.

A wind break would be nice that time of year...

It's on my calendar

A wind break would be nice that time of year...

It's on my calendar

That's for sure. You know what they say about the spring in the south west. April winds bring May flowers. We definitely what to stay away fron Elephant Butte lake. The food would br covered in sand.

:whoo:
I'm sure looking forward to another bash.
Is the date firm?
I need to start making plans.

:whoo:
I'm sure looking forward to another bash.
Is the date firm?
I need to start making plans.

Not firm, but looked like a good weekend to me. I'm thinking it's far enough in advance that plans can be made to attend. Before that time may still be a bit chilly and after that people start getting into summer mode. Suggestions are welcome though.

Does anyone have any information on Percha Dam State Park NM?

Does anyone have any information on Percha Dam State Park NM?

We used to camp there when I was in the boy scouts. (Way way way back in the day.)
The fishing was good. there were a lot of camp sites. Many had covered concrete pads with picnic tables. Lots of trees. There were RV hookups.
There were public showers as well as indoor toilets.
Keep in mind that this was over 40 years ago so some things might have changed.:laugh:
If it's anything like it was, I think it would be a great place for a bash.

I am open to holding it at my house as well, if anyone is interested!!?? I t was a FanfreakinTastic time last year!! Let me know.:-D

I am open to holding it at my house as well, if anyone is interested!!?? I t was a FanfreakinTastic time last year!! Let me know.:-D

You are right Allen. The fall Bash farking great time.

Your place would be great. Lots of room. Lots of trees. Wont have to worry about getting too loud for the neighbors. Great for camping. Plenty of firewood.

I personally would love to have it there. But then I wouldn't be trying to get an RV in or out of there.

Allen, I'm good with that as well. What are the road conditions typically like to get to your land that time of year? It is spring and we might get some rain. What's the biggest camper you can get to your place?

Back