Pulled the trigger on a ceramic cooker

Dirtbuddy

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Yep, that's right i bit the bullet and have joined the ceramic cooker club. I bought a black Kamado Joe. There was a sale going for 200$ off and i just couldn't help myself. It's a bit of a drive from me (maybe a hour) so i will not pick it up till the New Year. :whoo:

Yep, that's right i bit the bullet and have joined the ceramic cooker club. I bought a black Kamado Joe. There was a sale going for 200$ off and i just couldn't help myself. It's a bit of a drive from me (maybe a hour) so i will not pick it up till the New Year. :whoo:

At $200 off what did you pay for it?

Anyone use non-KJ plate setter that's better? Or is the KJ one the one to go with? Was looking at the PSWoo on the Ceramic Grill Store's site....

Anyone use non-KJ plate setter that's better? Or is the KJ one the one to go with? Was looking at the PSWoo on the Ceramic Grill Store's site....

I'm going with this one from Kamado Joe. I heard that this will be available for the classics sometime next year.

acc_heat_deflector_bigjoe.png

I like the split heat deflector quite a bit. I'd love to see that option available for the KJ classic and I'll have one as soon as it's available. I do a lot of two zone cooking.

Congrats on the purchase! Speaking of ceramics I've been considering buying a ceramic as well. I am really interested in the Primo Oval JR. Anybody have any experience with this one? I like the idea of being able to do 2 fire zones.

Thanks

Congrats on the purchase! Speaking of ceramics I've been considering buying a ceramic as well. I am really interested in the Primo Oval JR. Anybody have any experience with this one? I like the idea of being able to do 2 fire zones.

Thanks

Primo is a great brand as well. The two zone setup they have is great. I was about to purchase the XL, but realized that Kamado Joe has a 2 zone setup as well. KJ has the fire box divider and split heat deflectors. The oval jr seems quite small. I ended up picking KJ because of their upgrades over other brands plus yoy get some extras thrown in. (side tables. grate gripper, ash tool)

JM needs to get hired by Kamado Joe. Pitmaster of internet marketing and sales.

He was probably one of the most influential people when it came to the sales of Chargrill Akorns. I can imagine what his reviews of the Kamado Joe Products have done for their sales.

Back