A Few Competition Newb Questions........

K

kindollbbq

Hello everyone. I have a few questions for you experienced comp. guys.

1.) What is the best place online to buy latex gloves? I'm wanting black gloves.

2.) What is the best place online to buy the thick insulated food handling gloves? I'm talking about the gloves used to pull hot pork butts and such right off the cooker?

3.) How do you all light your tents at night? Lanterns? String Lights?

Thanks a bunch.

Brandon

1. Medical supply house for gloves or google search.
2. Hardware store for insulated gloves or google search
3. Anything that gives off light will work. We prefer lanters so we can isolate a particular area we are working in. Whatever works.
4. Good luck!

1. I bought Nitrile gloves at Walgreens..........probably not the most cost effective approach!

2. I bought some thinner gloves at Menards that have a Nitrile coating on the palm and fingers and put them over a cheap gotten glove, also from Menards.

3. Very low tech............I clamp 3 - 4 work lights to the frame of my tent........ 1 or 2 over the work table and 2 directed at the cooking chamber of my pit. These are the el cheapo work lights with the aluminum shroud that screws onto the bulb socket. I want to get some decorative lights to string around the perimeter of the tent.

Greg

we normally get our gloves at Sams

I use welding gloves to get the butts off the smoker and then the normal nitrile gloves when pulling

Rope lights work well around the top of an easy up and a lantern is good when you need brighter light so we use both.

1.) What is the best place online to buy latex gloves? I'm wanting black gloves.

2.) What is the best place online to buy the thick insulated food handling gloves? I'm talking about the gloves used to pull hot pork butts and such right off the cooker?

Thanks a bunch.

Brandon

black nitrile here http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002UF6NV8/ref=oss_product

leather ones at local welder supply, heavy rubber @ farm supply

whatever lights you have are fine--hang a trouble light---good rechargeable led one would be all you need most of the time--imo anyway--although have been known to hang bunches and bunches of lights

Those black gloves Buzz mentions are my "Myron Mixon Wannabe" gloves :-D
VERY heavy duty. I love 'em.
I use the XL size (which is oversize) and put thin cotten gloves under them for the hot stuff.

With those and old kitchen hot pads, I do not use welders gloves anymore.

Good luck.

TIM

I get mine at Rest. Depot. They don't carry the black ones but it's not a real big deal for me...

I actually like 'Fryer Gloves'. They are made to actually work in a deep fat fryer. Easy to clean is a VERY big plus for me.

We like the halogen work lights. We have a double set that we put near the cooker and a single that we point up on the canapy...

Back