My to do list, just got smaller...(with Pron)

Mad Max

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Ever since, I've been on this forum, I have been compiling a "to do list" with things that I have never tried, but have seen or been covered in this site. This time, it was smoke "Spam". Had to do 4 pork butts (that's whole different story), but while I was in the grocery store, last night, I remembered all the brethren talk about smoked Spam, so I picked up a can. The wife looked at me with a puzzled looked and my response was... "it is a brethren thing".
So I got the drum, ready for the butts and rubbed down the butts and opened up the Spam. A little EVOO and rubbed it with John Henry's Maple Sugar Rub.
If you look closely, the SPAM is resting in between the butts.
pb7.jpg

Two hours in the UDS with Kingsford, 2 pieces of cherry and 2 pieces of mesquite an this is what it looked like...
pb9.jpg

Sliced it up and made a breakfast sammy with with scrambled eggs, SPAM and American cheese.
pb10.jpg

pb11.jpg

My wife reluctantly tried it, she never tried SPAM. She loved it. Thanks for all the encouragement, only have 99 more things left on my list. :confused:

Hrm, haven't tried that one. You could set up a road side stand in Hawaii and making a killing selling those, they love their spam!

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam.

I love smoked Spam!
Nice job right there Dude.
Try stuffing it with Jalapeños and a little cheese....

Weiser
I have noticed that the flavor is much more defined the next day.
Sliced at about a 1/4" and lightly browned in the frying pan. Good eats!

Ever since, I've been on this forum, I have been compiling a "to do list" with things that I have never tried, but have seen or been covered in this site. This time, it was smoke "Spam". Had to do 4 pork butts (that's whole different story), but while I was in the grocery store, last night, I remembered all the brethren talk about smoked Spam, so I picked up a can. The wife looked at me with a puzzled looked and my response was... "it is a brethren thing".
So I got the drum, ready for the butts and rubbed down the butts and opened up the Spam. A little EVOO and rubbed it with John Henry's Maple Sugar Rub.
If you look closely, the SPAM is resting in between the butts.
pb7.jpg

:confused:

I have found that the Rage 2-blad works great on Spamalope. Lets the air out of 'em quick. Also if you put your trail cam up around a Hormel plant you can grab some great shots at night. I usualy bait the cam with some deviled ham.

SPAM is great stuff BBQed or smoked, just not good in your email in basket!

I bought a can a year ago. It has yet to migrate from the cupboard to the smoker. Must do it soon. Hey if bologna is that good, spam must be as well.

Max.. I love all of your smokes. You always post such good looking food. Now you've done it again!! I'm going to give spam a try. Looks wonderful! :cool::wink:

Jeff, I like the sound of your Hawaiian Candy too..thanks for the link!

Max.. I love all of your smokes. You always post such good looking food. Now you've done it again!! I'm going to give spam a try. Looks wonderful! :cool::wink:

Jeff, I like the sound of your Hawaiian Candy too..thanks for the link!

That's funny, you always inspire me, with your gourmet cooks (especially the last one "surf and Turf"). Thanks. You had me at "hello". :biggrin:

Back