Camping Dessert

B

BCool

I will have a dutch oven and a grill/stovetop along with my wsm. Any ideas would be great, there will be 20 of us.

Smores, always a favorite... plus everyone gets to be involved!!

Brian in So Cal does peach cobbler at the bash in his Dutch oven. Was a hit.

Mix instant vanilla pudding, with sour cream. Dip fresh sliced strawberries in it. It tastes like strawberry cheesecake. This used to be a favorite when we camped.

Do a dump cake or an easy cobbler in the dutch oven.. Usually pie filling and cake mix, but there are lots of full recipies on the web.

I will look for some cobbler recipes, we will also be having smores in addition to the dessert, thanks for the suggestions.

Dump cake is always a winner and it's easy. Line the DO with foil for easy clean up.

You can do pies/cobbler in a makeshift Dutch Oven. Place one metal pie plate upside down over the other so that it looks like a UFO and use those big black paper clips to hold the halfs together. Its fun to allow everyone to cobbble together their own cobbler.

ist2_3910199-black-metal-paper-clips.jpg

Wow, great sites Ron and Gary. I can't believe I never saw those, but then again I didn;t know I needed them!!!

I love dump cakes myself. THey are easy to make and always good. With multiple dutch ovens, you could make several different flavors too!

I like Mexican Smores.

Tortilla lined with thin coat of peanut butter then a light drizzle of caramel sauce. Put in some mini marshmallows and some choc chips. Fold over to seal the peanut butter edges and heat for about 5 min a side.

Try Joy of camping website.Have lots of good ideas when camping.

Take a cake dounut and cut in half like a bagel and put butter, brown sugar and cinnamon on ea half. Put slice of pineapple on one half and top with other half. Wrap in foil and toss on fire. Turn once. Enjoy

Cut an orange in half
Hull out the orange
Make a jiffy corn muffin or biscuit mix
pour batter into orange shell
Wrap in foil
drink with hot chocolate...

It just dont get any beter than that...

Back