Attention Brethren: The Pork Battle Begins! Come Join "The Big Pig!" Throwdown!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"The Big Pig!"

Roasted-Pork-Shoulder_zps036b3ee6.jpg

As chosen by Toast for his momentous win in the "Legs!" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

Toast said:
Since we have a Beef TD going and just did Legs, How about "The Big Pig Throwdown!"? Any part of the pig goes. Ribs, Butts, Hams, Bacon, Sausage etc.

Where's the special rules? :confused:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 10/11 through Sunday 10/20.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 10/21.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Click HERE to go to the in-progress entry thread...

If you've never entered a BBQ Brethren Throwdown, This one is perfect for your first. Anything Pig cooked outdoors. Butts, bacon, ham, feet, ribs etc. Give it a go!

Wait one minute. I already entered this.

Yes you did :-D this thread is in Q-talk so folks who don't regularly go into the TD forum are aware of it.

Ummm I thought it was gravy?

Gravy starts on Friday and runs through next week. This one is going on now and ends Sunday night.

If I can swing pics during my party tomorrow, I will have a fatty, a butt, and spares for an entry...not real original, so hopefully I knock them out the park and can get some nice shots :wink:

Time is running out. Get your "big pig" entries in! You have all weekend. Anything pork goes: butts, shoulder, ribs, bacon, etc. This is a great TD to bust your cherry on. :wink:

And besides the fun the winner gets pound of rub. Youre cooking anyway....take pictures and join in the fun. ...:becky:

To the TOP.................There's a Throwdown.............Vote for Moose...:thumb:

Last edited:
I think the brisket is the only thing I am cooking tomorrow that doesn't have pork.

MOINKs
Pig Shots (stuffed with cream cheese, green chiles, and red peppers)
Bacon wrapped boneless chicken thoughs stuffed with cream cheese, green chiles, and red peppers
Untrimmed spares
Pork butt

Didn't get any prep pics, but I'll be sure to snap some in the morning as I am getting Earl all loaded up.

The smaller stuff will go on in a couple hours as well as the other half of the pork butt.

null_zps052998e4.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
null_zpsc1cbaeef.jpg

Round 1. Biscuits are in the oven.

Will compile tomorrow for the TD.

Stuffed with eggs, taters, yellow bell peppers and spicy jack cheese served on a Grands Homestyle. It was divine!

null_zpsf584eef5.jpg

Back