Same Old Baloney...........

1buckie

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Welp..........in the interest of flicking some 'Turds into the 43 page throwdown, thought I'd do a cookup or two so I could maybe, with a small bit of luck, score a point or two for the noobies.....

Ok.....that's just baloney, they said......and they were right.......

.....baby baloney !!!

8-30-13LaborDay048.jpg

8-30-13LaborDay049.jpg

Just when I got everything ready to go on, it started into the 1st rain of the year here....

8-30-13LaborDay043.jpg

Stopped for a quick snack, courtesy the wife.......

8-30-13LaborDay044.jpg

Then fired up Lulu & the Orange.......

8-30-13LaborDay041.jpg

Other items to hit the deck were Habanero / Blueberry Dessert 'Turds, Habanero / Blackberry Dessert 'Turds..........

8-30-13LaborDay023.jpg

8-30-13LaborDay026.jpg

Standard issue Tandoori spiced cream cheese jalepeno 'Turds....

8-30-13LaborDay036.jpg

And some with chicken breast strips, rolled in Morroccan rub......

8-30-13LaborDay034.jpg

Dumped some cherry shread on hot coals, ran for a bit over 2 hours @ 235 ~ 250 & we're there....

8-30-13LaborDay052.jpg

8-30-13LaborDay053.jpg

Hard to get a clear photo when ya got a steaming pan of 'Turds.....

8-30-13LaborDay063.jpg

Little better....

8-30-13LaborDay062.jpg

8-30-13LaborDay057.jpg

Plated....

8-30-13LaborDay069.jpg

The chicken with Morroccan rub were the best, the blueberries are always good, the blackberry ones, I don't know....something about the little crunchy seeds was not happenin'....Tandoori's are always good......

I must say.... Interesting line up! What the heck is baby bologna!?!?!?
Actually looks delicious!

is that orange kettle original or painted ?
food looks great. but a bit surprised at the amount of
chips ya used. not overwhelming ?

"but a bit surprised at the amount of
chips ya used. not overwhelming ?"

Nope, slightly dampened shread, on very hot coals, dries & burns right at the point of the fire, the smoke filters thru the damp shread above & mellows it, like a hookah or water filter or something.....nice smooth smoked flavor..........a large part of what you can see is the pile of coals underneath, maybe an inch thick of wood shread or a little more on top.......very controlled burn, usually I get it right, nowadays, after a lot of practice..............

The kettle is about 5 coats of hi-heat orange & two coats of same clear.....black kettle to start with..........."L" code1989

Back