THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cmcadams

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I did 3 kinds of chicken yesterday, some smo-fried wings, a BCC and an experiment with brining and a different rub for competition with some legs.

Unfortunately, I got caught up in several things at once, and started later than I wanted to. I had several legs that I didn't brine to compare to a bunch that I did brine. They weren't ready until about 8:30, after dark, and after I wanted to be dealing with them. So, as they were getting done, I started moving them around... and, you may have guessed, completely mixed up the brined and not brined.

So I got no info from brining vs. not brining, and I'll just have to do more chicken to try it again... Fortunately, what I did was good enough that I don't mind having to do it one more time.

If anyone's interested, pics are at my blog site.
brineing.JPG

I'm actually more of a scotch drinker, but MM is one of the best bourbons, I think... much better than JD, IMO. You'll notice the bottle isn't full. :)

cmcadams said:
MM is one of the best bourbons, I think... much better than JD, IMO.

I think we're gonna get along just fine.

Bill - this man knows his bourbon.

Back