MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:23 AM   #1
Yleekyoti
Full Fledged Farker

Default Pork in the Park without Sandy

Going to be a sad event this year!

Old 02-22-2013, 09:32 AM   #2
Yleekyoti
Full Fledged Farker

Default Wheres sandy?

This question was asked on another forum....
I wonder what the cost would be to have 150 or so small, campaign sized signs made saying something like, "wheres Sandy?" Someone could make those signs available to any team that had a desire to fly a sign. Those signs could then be posted on that teams site while cooking at the PITP. Hmmmmmmm if nothing else, it could be good for a giggle or two.....
Checked into it and this was my reply...
Ok,, just checked with my sign guy.... those little campaign signs cost 9.00 a piece... I explained the situation to him... he knows all the parties involved and is on our side... so the new price is $6.00 per sign ..two sided with the wire stand. anybody interested in a "WHERES SANDY?" sign?
I can be reached on facebook..Broke BoB's BBQ ... Or BoB yleekyoti McCoy.. My Broke Bob's BBQ page has a link to my fundrazr site for donations thru paypal!!!

Last edited by Yleekyoti; 02-22-2013 at 09:37 AM.. Reason: not done typing
Yleekyoti is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #3
Pigs on Fire
Full Fledged Farker

Before you have to reply to yourself again, maybe you could go in a little deeper and explain who/what Sandy is/was and some more background info. You might get more responses and 'newbies' could be more informed, which might make your/this event bigger.
Pigs on Fire is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #4
Dan - 3eyzbbq
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Dan

Anyone who has done Pork in the Park knows Sandy. She sent out an email, but I'm not feeling posting it without her permission.

Thanks to our sponsors: The BBQ Guru, The Grill Center, Grizzly Coolers, Make it Meaty and Natures Own Charcoal
Dan - 3eyzbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #5
Yleekyoti
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigs on Fire View Post
Before you have to reply to yourself again, maybe you could go in a little deeper and explain who/what Sandy is/was and some more background info. You might get more responses and 'newbies' could be more informed, which might make your/this event bigger.
Sorry that some people will be in the dark on this. Just looking to rally the regulars to pork in the park .salisbury.....looking for input..make some campaign type signs..or just print some paper ones..and tape them up.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #6
trohrs123
is one Smokin' Farker

I received Sandy's email and was perturbed at the situation as described. I wrote her back, asking if she was interested in some kind of campaign, letter writing to the powers that be etc, on her behalf. As of yet I have not received a reply from her.

Extreme BBQ Trailer
2 Humphrey Pints and Half Pint, 2 Cubed Pints
18" WSM, Hasty Bake Ranger, Weber Performer
Old No 7
trohrs123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #7
Pig Headed
Babbling Farker

I think the circumstances are a real shame. So much so that I seriously considering boycotting PITP, but unless a good number of teams did that, what's the use. I'm still upset about the whole thing. Sandy imho IS PITP!!

Pigheaded BBQ Team
www.pigheadedbbq.com
KCBS CBJ

Stumps Stretch (Raquel) Eagles Green.
1 -22" Weber WSM, 1 - 18"Weber WSM's
2 - 22" kettles
6x12 Haulmark Trailer
Pig Headed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2013, 07:50 AM   #8
ique
is Blowin Smoke!

I went to this contest year 1 when there were 18 teams. Sandy was a big part of growing it to 100+. Always very loyal to the teams that supported the contest. I haven't been the last couple of years but sorry to hear sandy is not involved anymore.
ique is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2013, 09:02 AM   #9
carlharper
Knows what a fatty is.

It appears that someone in the County government has risen to their level of incompetence.
carlharper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #10
Yleekyoti
Full Fledged Farker

Any hoo... If you feel the need to complain about Sandy being kicked out... this the guy to talk to.

[email protected]
Rick Pollitt County executive Government office building Room 303 po box 870 Salisbury Md 21803

Old 02-23-2013, 11:29 AM   #11
rolfejr
Full Fledged Farker

We need more details in order to protest/complain.

[I][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Rockin' Robyn's BBQ
[/FONT][/B][/I][LEFT][URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rockin-Robyns-BBQ-Team/107295966034865?ref=tn_tnmn"]Like us on Facebook! [/URL]
Stop by our website!
[URL="http://www.rockinrobynsbbq.com"]www.rockinrobynsbbq.com[/URL]
[/LEFT]
rolfejr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2013, 02:47 PM   #12
Yleekyoti
Full Fledged Farker

If you got the email you have the details...if you did not ,,, show up at pitp and complain after the show.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #13
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Im not cooking there with out Sandy!
Smokin' Gnome BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #14
Yleekyoti
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Gnome BBQ View Post
Im not cooking there with out Sandy!
Darn..we even had a golf cart and a name tag for you

Old 02-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #15
Red Valley BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yleekyoti View Post
If you got the email you have the details...if you did not ,,, show up at pitp and complain after the show.
This really doesn't help. If the need is there to protest it may help to at least give us some basic info. If Sandy took the time to send out an email then she obviously wants her side of the story known or she wouldn't have done so. I understand if there is hesitation at divulging the entire email, but it's only fair to give the people you are asking to protest some info. Having more teams with signs will drive the point home. More of the public will see those signs and possibly engage in conversation as to the meaning. Waiting until after the comp would seem to defeat the purpose and limit the scope of the protest.