AR Cutting thru BBQ Expo Building

Rick Hamilton

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Anyone know if it is possible to cut thru the BBQ Expo during turn ins? I am in spot 186 and looks like a fantastic spot if I can cut straight thru the building to turn in.

At the cook's meeting last year we were told that we could not cut through the buildings and that only one door would be open leading to turn ins.

Last year I was an Ambassador and was assigned to the area you will be in.
The question came up then. We were told that cutting through was OK.

When I stood to the side and watched turn ins ( if you have not seen that , it is quite a sight especially in the open), multiple doors were open, and teams approached from all directions.

Judging area is totally screened off, so no matter which way you came, there were no sight lines back and forth to the judges.

Good luck.

Will be an Ambassador again this year - hope to see you and lots of other Brethren there.

Is there just one turn-in location, or multiple? Looking at the map, where are they?

One turn in location.

It is in the main AR building, just beside the arena marked "awards" on the map.
It is a square area marked off as judging.

Scope it out. Ask your Ambassador to help you when they go thru your registration packet with you. Also ask your neighbors.

Time it out. Some locations are quite a hike.

Thanks - I can't go this year but will be there next year and was confused by the map.

Can you enter that building through the East and West entrances?

I was there with Carlyle last year, yes you can pretty much enter the building though just about any enterance.

I might add that on Sunday the Expo building will be a ghost town but on Saturday it can be fairly congested and could prove to be obstacle course for you. keith

No matter where you are, you may need to do the flying wedge thing with a few of your friends to part the crowds.

Or if you are Tuffy, just sprint with the camera and sound crew struggling to keep up in your wake! That was a sight to see!

Back